Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

storking a vr v6

wayvr

R.I.P AAA-99P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx cluby
does any have have any info on stroking a vr v6 just wanting to no what they change or add as i m interested in stroking mine to 4.3l and how much and do they rebuild it at the same time? .. also how much 4 a lsd diff and twin thordle bodies and info on that dont no to much about them. and also will the standard auto gear box be able to work with the exrta power when the engine is stroked but i m looking to do up the gear box or get a new and better one what you think ... thanks for the help

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
V6 stroker... check out www.comeracing.com
LSD diff... price really varies depending on where you get it from, but try wreckers
twin tb... Mace engineering make them. can't find the website, but have a look on ebay
gearbox... not a hope in hell. doubt it'll even last a month. defitiely rebuild.

wayvr

R.I.P AAA-99P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx cluby
thanks for that ... if i rebuild the gearbox i wolud get it worked a bit would that do the job or get a stronger one .. what you think .. and do you no any where in nsw that strokes them and by change the or rebuildng the gear box and getting the lsd diff and stroking the motor would there be an thing else that i would need to change?

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
just rebuild your gear box with shift kit and stronger parts,

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
if your really keen on actually doing this id think it through a bit. stroking involves a full rebuild - as you mentioned - with the crank, rods and pistons being replaced in order to increase displacement to 4.2L (c.o.m.e. stroker) or 4.3L (bradley stroker).
other parts such as the cam+timing gear, heads and rockers+valve springs usually get changed also to make the most of the combo.
if you get a decent size cam, when you stroke the V6 i would forget about getting twin t/b's, i know from personal experience they dont work well. they are more designed to be used on un-opened engines.
the box will be fine, depending on its current condition and the use (or abuse) it is used for once the stroker engine is in place. i had a completely stock 'box behind my stroker for a good 6 months without any dramas at all and even up till the day i took it out it was still fine (this is a 'box with 200k on it too).
for peace of mind though, and a bit more fun, i replaced the 'box with a much stronger rebuild one with all the goods (shift kit, valve body, corvette servo's, steel pistons, performance sprag and beast, performance friction kit,etc...).
as for anyone that does the rebuild, just get c.o.m.e. to build it. as you'll find out if your serious about it and get some quotes it costs quite alot to get the engine built at an engine builder/mechanics and c.o.m.e.'s prices are pretty reasonable in comparison.
there's not really anything more you "need" to change, other than getting a suitable tune to run the stroker engine, everything else will be done in the rebuild.

wayvr

R.I.P AAA-99P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx cluby
yeah i was going to rebuild the gear box with a stage 3 shift kit .. do you no any one in nsw that does to stroer kits .. i hear not many places do it .. i wanna try and get 4.3l .. any difference in he down from 4.2 and 4.3? and i also hear that u need to put a better exhaust on your car is this true.. if so i already have extracters stainless hi flo cat 2.5 inch and straight throuh muffler then after the diff ther is a hot dog then ir splits off to 2 pipes so there is 2 tips on both sides of the rear barwill that be fin ... thanks 4 te help and yeah i m serious saving up cash as we speek ... and about the diff i was going to get a lsd gear ratio ...3.45:1 or 3.7:1 and 2200 hi stall converter

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
if your really keen on actually doing this id think it through a bit. stroking involves a full rebuild - as you mentioned - with the crank, rods and pistons being replaced in order to increase displacement to 4.2L (c.o.m.e. stroker) or 4.3L (bradley stroker).
other parts such as the cam+timing gear, heads and rockers+valve springs usually get changed also to make the most of the combo.
if you get a decent size cam, when you stroke the V6 i would forget about getting twin t/b's, i know from personal experience they dont work well. they are more designed to be used on un-opened engines.
the box will be fine, depending on its current condition and the use (or abuse) it is used for once the stroker engine is in place. i had a completely stock 'box behind my stroker for a good 6 months without any dramas at all and even up till the day i took it out it was still fine (this is a 'box with 200k on it too).
for peace of mind though, and a bit more fun, i replaced the 'box with a much stronger rebuild one with all the goods (shift kit, valve body, corvette servo's, steel pistons, performance sprag and beast, performance friction kit,etc...).
as for anyone that does the rebuild, just get c.o.m.e. to build it. as you'll find out if your serious about it and get some quotes it costs quite alot to get the engine built at an engine builder/mechanics and c.o.m.e.'s prices are pretty reasonable in comparison.
there's not really anything more you "need" to change, other than getting a suitable tune to run the stroker engine, everything else will be done in the rebuild.

Tis not bradley... its Bradey... they make the 4.3L stroker crank and to be honest it is a POS full of problems. It really doesn't compare to the COME crank and wont make the same power either.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
won't notice much different between the two