Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

0-100 time trial

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Another factor too, it's just not a matter of the stopwatch being correct. It's whether when you are flat out, is your speedo accelerating correctly? Like maybe it jumps to 100kph before it should. Because if my VN V6 was getting 7s for 0-100kph I would be quite happy with it.

Cheers,
Jim :cool:

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I had a few runs last night with my V6 VT and came up with a best of 10.6 secs. Thats with 3/4 tank of fuel, crap in the boot etc. was a cold night though, which seemed to make it a little better. tried the standing quarter once as well and came up with a 17.5....anyone else had a go?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
BLACK346 said:
Are you serious or taking the piss? A stock VX LS1
would absolutely smash the 5 litre. I think you will
find high 7's to low 8's is about the norm for a stock
5 litre. My old VN with custom exhaust would have
had no chance against my LS1, sure it felt fast at the
time, but I have no doubt stepping back into it now
would show just how slow it really was.

He's raced a VX ls1 with it starting when the VS passed the VX, the VX was slowly closing the whole way and creeped past at just below the VS's top speed (I'll get deleted if I mention how fast, but for this example you might say this VS's top speed is around 100km/h : )), the VS was flat to the floor and there was no more power to be had, that said the VX could only get past at a kind of jogging speed difference, there wasn't much in it, The VS is a definate 6. something second 0-100 car, stock executive manual with a bit of a retune. But I've also seen a stock looking VX Auto LS1 pull up at the local 1/8th mile drags for a grudge match and run an exceptional 8.6 the same day that a VS 5 liter manual could only manage 9.2 so that's a big difference, then again a brand new HSV VZ ute ran a 10, due to too much wheelspin on the stock tires. If I wanted to make a new manifold and put extractors and a good exhaust on my VN V6 I'd come very close to shaving the half a second I need to run 0-100 in the 6's, certainly I'd be there with a weekend worth of porting in the heads, But I want 5's so I'll continue my turbo quest : )

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
2Fast2FuriousDude said:
Another factor too, it's just not a matter of the stopwatch being correct. It's whether when you are flat out, is your speedo accelerating correctly? Like maybe it jumps to 100kph before it should. Because if my VN V6 was getting 7s for 0-100kph I would be quite happy with it.

Cheers,
Jim :cool:

Jim, I have no doubt my speedo is out about 4ks at 100 just like every other VN but it's the same for everyone so I stop it when it hits 100