Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

01 Caprice

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
I could use a spare bezel myself actually...!

Supposedly they are Hens teeth & subsequently you'd expect to pay through the nose...

FYI though - ensure you find one to suit the Stato/Caprice dash as the shape in that area is different to the standard VT/VX models

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
Nah I only want the bezel because it has the little oval gray HSV badge in it...

Long story but being a fussy b@stard... I have the HSV sunroof as well. In the slide handle of the sunroof shade, that same little oval HSV badge is used. Except that mine has fallen out and is long gone. The same badge is used in my GPS bezel... I wanted to buy another bezel just to pull out the little badge and put it back in my sunroof handle. The bezel itself, I'm not interested in!

How's that for OCD?

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
Here's the valve covers off.

Looks fine in the rocker gear area. No sludge or build up.

20150517_130012_HDR_zpslpt2bsms.jpg

I used a paint I haven't used before, to clean the valve covers up. I tried Duplicolor 'Stainless Steel' - https://www.duplicolor.com/products/stainless/

They turned out pretty good. I don't know if I believe in the colour or finish being "stainless steel" looking, but they turned out nice enough.

20150517_135558_HDR_zps9od3qmg6.jpg

20150517_135548_HDR_zps0ebcwozn.jpg

So that job's done. Off to make up some custom wheel centre caps next, and chrome plate some stuff...

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
I'm really OCD about small things. I noticed the bonnet pull getting a bit stiffer each time I opened the bonnet, so I lubricated the mechanism and cable and got it better. But the main culprit was the manky old stiff bonnet release spring. This thing:

20150522_172355_HDR_zpsxb87bjeo.jpg

So I got a new OEM one and then sent it off to be chrome plated. I'm very happy with the results.

20150521_091308_HDR_zpskghewidq.jpg

Looks nicer and the effort to open the bonnet is a lot easier and less harsh on the pull cable. So that's sorted.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
More importantly, how was the Vegemite Cadbury

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
Literally the worst thing I've ever put in my mouth.

So many regrets.

I stupidly bought 2 blocks of that sh!t, thinking that this might be a good thing. I'd better stock up.. No. No it was not.

I ate 1 row of the bloody thing and couldn't do it anymore. Put a post it note on the packet. "Please take me. I was a bad life choice." And then left it on the lunch room table.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Literally the worst thing I've ever put in my mouth.

So many regrets.

I stupidly bought 2 blocks of that sh!t, thinking that this might be a good thing. I'd better stock up.. No. No it was not.

I ate 1 row of the bloody thing and couldn't do it anymore. Put a post it note on the packet. "Please take me. I was a bad life choice." And then left it on the lunch room table.

Hahahaha funniest thing i heard.

Some people like, some people hate.
Hasnt been released here in my local stores, and im in Sydney.

Rocker covers, how hard was it take off the passenger side one?
After me losing my drivers side rocker bolt in the engine bay and taking almost 2hrs to find it, i inspected the passenger side and wasnt leaking so left it,.

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
The first part of the job is removing the engine cover, then unplug both coil wiring harness connector to each bank of coils. Take spark plug leads off. Then 4 or so bolts and the coil packs lift off. Say 8 to 10 minutes.

The rocker covers themselves then take about 3 minutes to unbolt and remove. Both sides were easy as cake. Just the four bolts in the centre of the cover (8mm socket) and remove the breather hoses (2 on drivers side cover and 1 PCV in the passengers side cover) and the covers just about fall off on their own.

Easiest valve covers in the world to change.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Thought so.

After sticking my head in that engine bay, under, over, through, swearing and so forth i finally found the bolt laying on the sump guard.
Was a 'FML ya kidding' moment and quickly got a case of CBF.

Cheers man,

Was gonna paint my covers also but time got away from me and didnt end up doing.
Might be able to do later on.

I was thinking silver myself, but also thought of the same colour as my brake calipers (gold) to stand out a bit more as my extractors, when they finally go in, are chrome ceramic and wanted a different colour to them.

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
Grange side skirts take 2!!

I've got a second set on the way and this time they are complete and should work out. Pity the weather is too cold for painting at the moment, but at least I've got some... Finally.