Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

01 WH International

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
So last week I purchased a Series 1 2001 WH Statesman International. Got a good deal on it apart from the tow pack its stock as a rock.

It's done 210,000kms and when purchased the owner mentioned about a engine warning that sometimes appeared and whist the test drive was fine on the drive to a friends afterwards the warning came on. At my friends he happens to have a GM Tech2 which we checked it over with and found it was the ABS module, on monday we found one from a 03 series 2 Accliam at U-Pull-It and for $49 it works fine appart from no traction control which doesnt really bother me.

It's got cream leather on the inside which has some marks but no tears on the seats so going over it all with leather cleaner and conditioner before i start daily driving it in summer.

Plans for it are to take the Kenwood headunit, Subwoofer and amps from my VY and put them into the WH and i've already got a Manta Catback on the way for it too. Otherwise its just tidy up the couple of small marks on the outside of it and give it a good detail, get the headliner fixed up and fix some of the small marks in the leather. Im overall really happy with the car and dont have any plans to change the rim or anything else on the outside apart from maybe getting some projector headlight down the track.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Looks like a Nice Vehicle,
and hopefully increase in value ;)

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Great low light shots. Congrats on the purchase

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so last week fitted a 2.5" Manta catback to the car and been really happy with the sound from the exhaust. Need to take a better video with a take off and more revs but need to find a quiet spot to do that.

Also got the stereo gear and dashcam out of my VY, which will be put into the WH but will need to replace the windscreen before fitting the dashcam as its got so many light scratches its a danger if you driving towards the sun in the evening or sometimes at night.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
So have done a little more to the car now since last month. I got the windscreen replaced and I also finally found a 10 Pin indicator stalk the other day on Facebook Market place and the guy only wanted $20 for it so i put that in today and as per 1 of the photos the cornering lights work again which is fantastic.

I also received the LED interior globes and fitted the main one and the 2 rear ones, I've realised the led's i got are slightly bigger then needed so i'll do the door ones when i order smaller led's. I also thought the map lights were BA9s like the VY but they're smaller festoon globes so i guess i need to order some of those too.

Then finally I got the stereo put into the car. I ended up purchasing Alpine Type R speakers and the fronts are the R-S65C.2 and the rears i used the R-S65.2 and they're hooked up to my existing Pioneer amp i had from the VY and whilst it only pushes 60 watts rms per speaker in 4 channel and the speakers are rated for 100 watts rms the system sounds amazing and the louder you make it the clearer the audio is. I've also taken the existing sub and amp from my vy which are both pioneer and are using those and overall extremely happy with how it sounds and whilst the video sounds normal its turned up quite a bit
The person who installed it was a fellow member on the forums here and he did a great job.

Next plans are to now get my vy sold and the money from that will go towards getting the roof lining fixed and then replace a couple of bushes that seem to be needing replacing soon.

Attachments

• IMG_2779.jpg
    IMG_2779.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2780.jpg
    IMG_2780.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_2778.jpg
    IMG_2778.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 205

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well yesterday I got the roof lining done at Quality Motor Trimming and it looks so much nicer now and I'm super happy with the work done and in the post above can see how badly it was before.
1619603186084.png

Also over the long weekend I took the car up to Alawoona to a campsite on a farm about 2.5hrs away and the car went perfectly on that drive as it was its first proper long drive. Also got a good photo at one of the Silo art spots along the route on the drive home.

1619603656732.png

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I'm not going to be driving the Statesman for a bit now. Recently I've had the oil pressure light come on when sitting in drive at the traffic lights and after searching these forums the likely thing seemed it would be the oil pressure sensor so i bought a GM one and then over the weekend with the help of another member on here we did a service and replaced the sensor. When we did the service noticed some gasket material in the oil so was planning on doing another service in 2000kms and when i got home I checked with a Tech2 im borrowing and in neutral its got about 55kPa but in drive it drops to about 26-31kPa. During lunch today rang up a place i know does LS motors and asked about replacing the oil pump and getting the oil pickup looked at they mentioned that it's likely that its actually the cam bearing that will need replacing and when i mentioned the pressure readings i saw that said to not drive it at all otherwise could really damage the motor.

So i'll be catching public transport to work for the moment and getting some quotes on how much this is going to cost me now.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well it's been a month of waiting and the car finally went into Morpowa on Monday to get the oil pump changed and whilst the motor is out for that they're also doing front and rear seals and new oil pickup o-ring.

Whilst it was out they were checking the cam bearings and sadly it was worn to the point it needs changing, thankfully they said that the cam itself looked fine and they'll be able to just do the cam bearings and other bottom end stuff and the top end of the engine can stay together. Hopefully should have the car back in about 2 weeks and will be all good again.

Reactions: Lex

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so picked up the Statesman last week Thursday from Morpowa and it's so nice to have the car back again. Whilst the engine was at the place getting the cam bearings done they also did the main bearings, rod bearings, rod bolts and linished the crank. Also had the usual things you'd do with the engine out like timing chain, timing cover and rear covers.

The engine sounds really healthy now and im happy now knowing that when i want to get other engine work done like a cam the bottom end is all sorted and good.

Next step will be to get a B&M shift plus module and im going to be taking the car up to the roll racing up at Tailem Bend in August along with some mates

AB 1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy manual ute and 1998 VS S pac ute
Sounds good, keep us updated.