Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

03 vy where to now?

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Hi every 1. I have an 03 Ecotec Berlina on gas. I've just fitted a rebuilt gas converter which the mechanic said he put much time into to make sure it was perfect and I knew right hand O2 sensor. He has tuned it and said there is no reason why I should smell gas yet I still can. It's when I back off that I noticed it the most. The mechanic did give me some food for thought. He suggested I looked into the possibility of there being a problem with where the air enters the car near the windscreen through whatever ducting it comes through, there may be a filter that's broken or something that filters out the smells that come into the car. He also spoke about a possible Purge problem. Might anyone be able to help me identify what is involved in the purge system of the car? I have a VT and could easily swap parts to rule out that. Might any of you guys have any experience with smells entering your car because of a problem with ducting or filters between where the air comes in near the windscreen and out the vents into the car? The mechanic also spoke of there being problems with some Earth's in these cars that may have been recalled for repair. He spoke of Earths I think in the ECU and elsewhere. He also suggested ringing a Holden dealer to make sure my car has the latest software upgrade. Any info or experience with any of this would be greatly appreciated. I've been spending too much time and money on this car chasing my tail. Gus

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
sounds like a crap mechanic, what out of his laundry list did you try?

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
sounds like a crap mechanic, what out of his laundry list did you try?
Nothing yet besides ringing holden who said they had no software upgrades or recalls for anything on an 03 vy

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Not sure how a fixing a dodgy earth or a software upgrade would fix a gas smell…