Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

04 Rodeo RA LX Sympton: Apparent sticking throttle

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Hi all,

[RA LX 3.5 V6 5 speed manual (LPG system not installed)]

Just picked up a Rodeo recently for my work (Sparky subbie) and just today it appears that the throttle was sticking between gearchanges. No more the 2800rpm with the foot off. I pulled over and I confirmed that the throttle was closed by checking the linkage and cable. I was able to replicate the fault in the engine bay by quietly bringing up the revs with the throttle linkage. As it was revving away I unplugged the TPS and it went nicely back to idle.

Any thoughts on my problem? Taking it to Holden isn't an issue but if there is a couple of easy checks first then i'm all for that.
Does anybody know the correct output voltage of the TPS voltage at idle and WOT?

Any assistance appreciated!
NP

plumber

Reaction score
Members Ride
RA rodeo 3.5
hi, i have the same problem with my rodeo 04 3.5 l engine manual . the problem comes end goes , i replace the idling stepper motor with new (225$ part ) and was ok for short time - 5-6 hours only. i found topic with problem fixed by replacing engine harnes( not too sure how much will cost) i am planing to do that , my car was tested from holden dealer in frankston - NO PROBLEM FOUND FEW TIMES)))) please let me now if any other ideas about this problem ! [email protected] also i am looking for recomended holden electrician around south east suburbs any help apreciated!!!!