Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

04 Vz Exec !

Jakevz

Reaction score
Been lurking this site for a while now, absolutely love the cars on here, thought i'd chuck mine up on here!

Name: Jake
Model: 2004 Vz Executive
Colour: Red
Engine Type: Alloytec
Gearbox: 4 Speed Auto
Power: 175Kw
220,000+ Km's

Modifications-
2 Hole mod
25mm Insulators (Just bought, Don't have them yet)
Catback exhaust ( Not sure on the size, got it for free off a mate when he got extractors)
Leather Steering wheel(Also just purchased, on its way)

Bought this car off my brother for $4000 just over a year ago, been loving it ever since. Not going to be going Crazy with the mods, just going to make it look nice and make it fun to drive. Maybe a tune ? Nothing special!

Photo of when my brother owned the car.
mxo7.jpg

Photo of when i got the car!
gl7a.jpg

How it sits now:
3wko.jpg

Cruised up to phillip island the other day:
http://imageshack.com/a/img818/1713/aack.jpg

Jakevz

Reaction score
Quick little clip of my exhaust :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakevz

Reaction score
Photo of my centre console etc, Before and After! Went for something a bit different then what i've seen. Looks better in person, especially after i gave it a good clean.

Before:
zm54.jpg

After:
1ayd.jpg

Random photo.
c3hz.jpg

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
looks good and welcome to the vz club,they are a bloody good car-highly underrated

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Nice one , I'm kind of tempted on the insulators myself , as above the VZ gets a unwarranted bad wrap from some circles , I think it's because they don't get the Alloytec engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
don't worry about the alloytec,just get a ls1-lol

but yes they do get a bad wrap

Jakevz

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I love the vz, Always see people hating on the alloytec but i love it. The only thing, obviously its a bit sluggish down low, which is why i was tempted and bought the insulators, i couldn't find any reviews on the alloytec, but people said they did great on other engines, so i figured its not too much money may aswell give it a shot.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Thanks guys.

I love the vz, Always see people hating on the alloytec but i love it. The only thing, obviously its a bit sluggish down low, which is why i was tempted and bought the insulators, i couldn't find any reviews on the alloytec, but people said they did great on other engines, so i figured its not too much money may aswell give it a shot.

Same , I've had a couple of ecotecs before the SV6 , and think it's better , the 190 HO engines in mine have more power which is noticeable, like I said I think some people don't like the Alloytec because they can't fix them with a screw driver and a crescent .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakevz

Reaction score
Oh it's heaps more noticable. I've driven a Vy and then driven mine and the difference is really noticable, considering everyone thinks there was no difference between the vy and lower output vz.
Also, Fitted the manifolds the other day, been raining like crazy so i haven't been able to really give it a go, besides one little go. Even though it was going up hill, it still pulled really hard. Can't wait to try it on a dry day.

Jakevz

Reaction score
Curious about getting a tune, Saw some guy with similar mods to mine and got 157 rwkw, Wondering what you guys think, Do you think this is achievable? What do you guys think is a more realistic goal?