Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

05 hbd vz calais

jake383

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 hbd vz calais
bagged and supercharged vz calais

name; jake nicholls
car; 2005 hbd calais
colour; silver
bodykit; hbd calais
engine; alloytec 190kw
transmission; 5 speed auto, active select
suspension; king springs ultra lows, standard shocks
brakes; standard
diff; standard
interior; leather, factory sunroof
other mods; cyrstal vision globes, debaged, removed spoiler, chrome nummber plate surround
cost; $22,000
future mods: bigger rims, update stereo, engine mods, spoiler holes removed( happenning next weekend), nice exhaust

hi im jake. this is my car. let me know what u think
this is when i picked it up
12032010101.jpg

12032010098.jpg

this is with ultra lows and spoiler removed
42351657.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
18111376.jpg

88701808.jpg

this is the chrome number plate surround i made up
03042010129.jpg

03042010130.jpg

this is its current state with alloytech and hbd badges removed
05042010137.jpg

Last edited:

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Very nice mate, V6 version of the car I just picked up.
Like the numberplate surround very much, how did you do that?

4XRD-VZ Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
EK Civic/AE111 Levin
Hey nice ride!!
that chrome number plate surround looks awesome...
keep it up!!

jake383

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 hbd vz calais
hey thanks for all ur commments its awesome to hear uur feed back. Cruzncalais i just made a template of the background out of card board, then transfered it onto somme stainless and cut it out. then jjust drilled 6 holes where the numberplate screws go to, then i just sticked on some double sided tape. it has started to pill off but it is because i used **** tape. i need to go back to work and get somme better stuff. today i fitted up a factory strut brace from holden, it only cost $57 with 4 mounting nuuts and this weekend the spoiler holes are gettinng removed any way heres some pics of the brace. enjoy
09042010144.jpg

09042010145.jpg

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
why would you remove HDB badges? they make your car unique to other people on the roads thats something I would"ve thought you would want to show off not remove, calais always look better with the spoiler removed...dunno why (its the only type I think looks better with spoiler removed)

calay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
what's supposed to be different with the HBD kit? the ONLY difference i can see between yours and mine is that chrome numberplate surround. Looks good lowered but you should really consider new shocks since the stock ones are not made to ride so low... Boge's are good and relatively cheap. i replaced springs and shocks front and rear in 2 hrs

jake383

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 hbd vz calais
with the hbd i dont think there is any difference with thhe body kit. the differences i know about is factory fitted sunroof, red leather steering wheel and a spoiler. i removed the badge as i thought it looked ugly. the number plate surround i made. with the shocks, it doesnt ride to bad but they will need shortened shocks. to replace springs in this front and rear it only took 1 hour and 50 mins, so yeh not that hard to do just need money. also ordered some 19 inch wheels today. they will be in in 4 weeks as they havnt been released in oz yet. thanks for all ur comments

jake383

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 hbd vz calais
today car came back from paint. looks heaps better with no gromets. all the badges on the boot got removed. let me know what u reckon if i should put the lion back on and the calais one. im thinking just put the calais onne back on. anyway here is some picks. enjoy
nobagdes.jpg

nobadges2.jpg