Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

06 SS stereo replacement issue...need help!

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
As the Thread states in a replacement issue. My stereo had become faulty in my SS so I got another one from eBay, same make and model. I unplugged the old one (disconnected the battery before i started) witch is only 2 plugs. I plugged the new one in, reconnected the battery to check it out. There's no power to the front display, the LCD screen above the stereo and it's not working what so ever. At this point i thought it might have been a faulty as it didn't come in the best conditioned.I removed it putting back in the old one back to see if was faulty but the same thing happened again to the old one.The car started both times but i have no working stereos. Need some help

Last edited:

decromin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
I think that the stereos need to be VIN coded to your car, but I thought they should at least power up. Do the AC controls work with the new one in place?

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
AC controls don't work in both, I have sent a email to the seller on eBay. It was stated that it was ''work shop tested before removal''. I'm not going to name the seller,but they a big car wrecker/used parts business.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Sounds like there's no power. grab a multimeter or check fuses

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
They need to be vin coded as said above But there are a few revisions on the radio its self and one of them been wiring layout having a extra wire for power was removed in later revisions from memory so u will more than likely find you have popped a fuse if your original one is no longer powering up after refitting there's a full write up somewhere about how to fix the issue to make it work I think it's on www.carmodder.com • Index page