Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

07 VE SV6 seats. GTS seats fitted.

dmp8810

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6
I need to clean the front 2 seats of my VE. getting a bit dull and black.

they are red in the middle.

any idea how to clean?

i was thinking maybe steam clean or use warm soapy water and scrub with a brush?

Any ideas on the best way to clean seat upholstery?

Thanks,

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
A decent upholstery cleaner will do, you don't want soggy seats, have a look at the detailing section on here, or look at the selection in an auto store

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Vinegar and bicarb soda. Give it a good rub in, not scrub, then let dry and vac it. You don't need to soak it. Repeat if needed.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Are they original GTS seats (leather centres, micro-suede bolsters), or are they re-trims (usually all leather.. or 'leather')?

For the leather, just use a good leather cleaner ( Duragloss is hard to beat) and a good leather brush (swissvax is my go-to brush for leather, but the Mint one from CCP isn't bad either) then just wipe the cleaned sections with a soft microfibre towel. Repeat if necessary - but the duragloss cleaner is pretty good. Process is the same, regardless of colour - it's all cleared, so shouldn't be any colour transfer.

If you have the micro-suede bolsters, you can use something like Autobrite alcantara cleaner ( Car Care Products / Autobrite / Interior / Carpet & Upholstery / Alcantara & Suede Surface Cleaner ) or a weak mix of APC will also work fine. Use a soft brush to agitate gently if necessary, and a damp microfibre towel to remove the cleaner. Vac and/or softly brush the micro-suede after cleaning to lift the fibres back up.