Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

0708 tax return monies?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Mine's going straight into my savings which currently holds my VS Clubsport wad of cash. Should bump it up to almost $14k.

Pity all the Clubby's i have looked are CRAP!!!!!!!!

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Anything you paid for that helped you earn your income. You're a painter, so did you have to buy anything for your job?

Uniforms? Washing your uniforms (even if you do it at home)?

If you spent it to earn, it's a deduction. Put very simply.

A couple of tools, a lot of k's on my car, about 7000. I've kept all the receipts from the fuel plus dates and k's of the trips i made, is that enough?

Umm, yeah new shoes and pants etc, have all the receipts for them as well.

But there’s electronics that I have bought, a camera, which is used only for work. GPS for getting to sites ;) lol

But what else can I claim? I heard you can claim up to $300 on curtain things without receipts, this correct?

i like tax time :) = mod time :D

natas.308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
PAY FINE!!!! it only 1400 bucks:bang:

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
A couple of tools, a lot of k's on my car, about 7000. I've kept all the receipts from the fuel plus dates and k's of the trips i made, is that enough?

Umm, yeah new shoes and pants etc, have all the receipts for them as well.

But there’s electronics that I have bought, a camera, which is used only for work. GPS for getting to sites ;) lol

But what else can I claim? I heard you can claim up to $300 on curtain things without receipts, this correct?

i like tax time :)
i think your camera and gps will already exceed the 300 so it wont matter.

clothes and shoes are not tax deductible unless they are job SPECIFIC, so normal shirts and **** are not deductible, unless they have logos etc.

i always deduct % off my calls txt etc, throw in some km's from car, i keep all receipts so if ATO want to check i'l throw them the whole lot and say here sort through this mess and organise it alphabetical for me:)

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
hmm i havent really thought about what to do with mine.
last year and year before, i just put it towards insurance, which isnt due til September.
Full Comp FTW. then nex year insurance will be **** all. YEY
Rating 2 right now, Rating 1 next year.

FusionX

Reaction score
Get money back.... I end up having to pay the tax office. I see that I can make interest off that money first in my bank account. It's not going to make interest if the tax office has it.

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
Get money back.... I end up having to pay the tax office. I see that I can make interest off that money first in my bank account. It's not going to make interest if the tax office has it.
some of my minor employers do the same thing with my super, ****s me off royally! might have to make some calls!

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
Mine's going straight into my savings which currently holds my VS Clubsport wad of cash. Should bump it up to almost $14k.

Pity all the Clubby's i have looked are CRAP!!!!!!!!

get a senator,they **** all over the clubbys

and mine will be going towards a house like all the rest of my money