Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1.2mm or 2.0mm decomp plate?

lxhatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais, mitz triton
thanks for that mag seems you would need a fair bit of info on an engine first,

hosedogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl sl 5spd 6 n/a turbo convert '88
hey thanks for that. yeah i've got an intercooler on the way now. just one question. when putting the decomp plate on, which side of it do you put the head gasket? i.e below it (inbetween block and plate) or above it (inbetween plate and head)? thanks for all the info, muc appreciated. cheers.

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
hey thanks for that. yeah i've got an intercooler on the way now. just one question. when putting the decomp plate on, which side of it do you put the head gasket? i.e below it (inbetween block and plate) or above it (inbetween plate and head)? thanks for all the info, muc appreciated. cheers.

If the plate is metal on both sides you will need 2 head gaskets, 1 below the plate and 1 above the plate...:thumbsup:

hosedogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl sl 5spd 6 n/a turbo convert '88
ok thanks for that. anyone know how long roughly it'll take putting a decomp plate on an rb30? doing it all by hand, no air or electric tools. it'd be the same as doing a headgasket on one really. cheers.