Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1.9:1 ratio rockers to suit Buick (non ecotec) V6's

MACE

Reaction score
Just though I'd give people a progress report on this product development.

Well they've been on my daily for quite some time now work quite well to say the least :D

Making the mid to top end much more usable, revving out to redline much more freely then before.

Hoping to organise some before and after runs over the next few weeks. Will keep all posted

Cheers
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0006s.JPG
    IMG_0006s.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Roughly how much is the expected power increase for these? 5-8kw?

I suppose that a new tune will be needed aswell?

...and how much for these?

MACE

Reaction score
Roughly how much is the expected power increase for these? 5-8kw?

I suppose that a new tune will be needed aswell?

...and how much for these?

The expected power increase will be similar to that of the ecotec rockers of over 10kw at the rears.

No tune is required with this product.

The price will be around the $550 mark which will include pushrods.

They're also the lightest rocker for this engine on the market and will work on all non ecotec V6's (including series 1 VN's) :)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
can't wait Steve. should go real well in the s1 with the extra lift they already have :D

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
I'm REALLY keen

But don't the 1.9's hit the rocker cover? Doesn't a larger rocker cover gasket need to be used to allow the use of 1.9's?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
so, do you specify what motor you have when getting these? since s1 vn use 3/8 rocker bolts, and s2 on use 5/16(or something to that effect, cant remember specific sizes or model change, but i know theres 2 different thread sizes on pre ecotec motors)

these are just modified ecotec rockers i assume(looking at their shape)? changed spacings to suit pre ecotec. good to see another option for pre ecotec motors!!

MACE

Reaction score
can't wait Steve. should go real well in the s1 with the extra lift they already have :D

It certainly does, as I have a S1 myself :D

I'm REALLY keen

But don't the 1.9's hit the rocker cover? Doesn't a larger rocker cover gasket need to be used to allow the use of 1.9's?

They don't hit the rocker covers, nor do they require spacers for them to be used as they comfortably sit under the factory rocker covers

i'm keen, what else do you need to change to put these in?

Everything needed comes in the kit :)

so, do you specify what motor you have when getting these? since s1 vn use 3/8 rocker bolts, and s2 on use 5/16(or something to that effect, cant remember specific sizes or model change, but i know theres 2 different thread sizes on pre ecotec motors)

these are just modified ecotec rockers i assume(looking at their shape)? changed spacings to suit pre ecotec. good to see another option for pre ecotec motors!!

That's correct hakhawk, all the customers need to do is specify what engine series they have and we'll send out the appropriate rockers to suit.

The rockers are based off LS1 rockers which are even lighter then the ecotec items ;)