Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1 din or 2 din, that is the question

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I've used that 360 a couple of times and found it to be a really powerful unit. combined with a JL SSI it's the perfect unit for late model BMWs

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yep the 360 is a good unit, if you want to spend that sort of cash the 360 is the way to go.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I believe JL Audio have a similar product
JL Audio: Products

No idea if they are any good, but noticed them the other day.

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
as much as id love to try that rockford 360 i just cant justify that sort of money, especially since i still cant play MP3's or have a USB slot.

for the moment i think ill put my old kenwood headunit in and shop around for a new headunit that has bluetooth and supports the steering wheel control modules.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8

ScreamingV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec Ute
Hi Ragrim,
I have single din Kenwood H/U In my VZ and in install it i used a plastic adapter, which has a pocket underneath. To solve the steering wheel control issue I installed a CAT 10 which controls all of the steering wheel's remote functions. There is no delay between pushing the steering wheel control and the H/U reacting, which I thought there might have been. The main reason I went for this method over a RCA conversion on the factory H/U was that I wanted to be able to play MP3 discs and I also wanted 3 lots of RCA outs. Another reason was that I wanted to be able to control my sub via my aftermarket H/U, and use the H/U's EQ's.
Hope this helps.

And by the way, if you want to keep your factory H/U but have low level outputs for an amp, and don't what I have decribed above, PHREDDY is the dude to see!

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
Ummmm....

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au

Might this do the job?? Plenty of happy customers....

probably a bit too much work for me, very cool mod though.

for the moment i have some $15 signal converters, ive heard some people have luck with them so im installing my amps and subs tomorrow to see how it goes, if i dont like it im going to install my old kenwood headunit into 1 of them 1 din adapters and later down the track ill invest in a decent headunit and the converter to use the steering wheel controls.