Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

10,000 km's in a day

samvlcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
hi all

having a problem with my vl cal. the odometer read 167,000 yesterday and now reads 177,000. somehow the 2nd digit has rolled over... ever heard of this happening. does anyone know how do you fix this?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
It's nearly as common as the car itself unfortunately.

You could either take it to a dash repair place, VDO instruments or similar.

Or you could go to a wreckers and get one that is close to the km's you have already. Remember its illegal to wind it back past what your current km's are. You can pull it apart and have a look at it, but more than likely the cogs have carked it.

Luked

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
D22
Ever cleaned the Odo gears and drives?
I stripped a prelude that had a dodgy dash (not much worked) and a good clean with the compressor's air gun, got everything working:)
Dirt and random junk can get in the weirdest places in your go-go mobiles:cry:!

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
i've heard of them going 10,000k's for every 1k you drive, common problem. pull it apart and see if you can fix it yourself but one from a wreckers with similar k's like bax said is probably the quickest and easiest way

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
my brothers vl jumped hundreds of thousands like one minute 120000 then jumped up to 800000 not much good for resale

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
Ever cleaned the Odo gears and drives?
I stripped a prelude that had a dodgy dash (not much worked) and a good clean with the compressor's air gun, got everything working:)
Dirt and random junk can get in the weirdest places in your go-go mobiles:cry:!

yah i did that and mine works fine now

Luked

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
D22
Bit off topic, but meh..... do you reckon VL's are up in the top 5 "Cop Magnets"
along with the jap_crap?
I want one....but I'm gonna go VS:)

themantiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
yeah mine does that!!! disconnected horn, but now i fail warrants. does anyone know how to get the horn working again? oh the odo reading thing, do they have some kind of code that relates to the car its from? otherwise we could all go and get a low kms one from the wreckers...

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
yeah mine does that!!! disconnected horn, but now i fail warrants. does anyone know how to get the horn working again? oh the odo reading thing, do they have some kind of code that relates to the car its from? otherwise we could all go and get a low kms one from the wreckers...

is it a stock steering wheel or boss kit on it as it could be earthing out the horn when u indercat casing it to beep,

and there is no codes relating dashes, its cheaper to get a replacment cog then a dash, 11 bucks for the cog or 40 for a berlina/calais dash, so u go figger;)