Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

$1000 to spend on my vy exec

MEESEN

"SOON"
Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VY
Hi guys,

I've got a pretty stock vy... its been lowered and has 3" strait through cat back exhaust or something like that.

Now I've got a grand to spend, thinkin ill spend it on performance mods.

Just wondering what u guys would suggest I do with the money to get the best outcome.

Cheers

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hi guys,

I've got a pretty stock vy... its been lowered and has 3" strait through cat back exhaust or something like that.

Now I've got a grand to spend, thinkin ill spend it on performance mods.

Just wondering what u guys would suggest I do with the money to get the best outcome.

Cheers

a straight through 3" on a v6 will sound horrible and lose preformance, a 2.5 with a muffler or 2 would have been better, as for $1000 id get some high ratio roller rockers either 1.9.1 or 1.98.1 which are about 600 - 700 then spend the last 200 or so a mace cold air intake. The rockers are one of the best bang for buck mods

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Sway bars!!

Front and rear for $400. google whiteline.
Then you can get super low springs and lowered struts off ebay for $660.

Then when you save up some cash do all the bushes. Don't waste money chasing power.

MACE

Reaction score
You can easily get a set of rockers, manifold insulator and plenum spacer for under 1k delivered. These mods represent excellent value for money on the V6's. They will genuinely transform the way the car drives, no ifs or buts with no other hidden costs associated with these mods.

As for the suspension side of things, companies like whiteline do sell quality sway bars however you can double up on your factory sway to achieve a similar sort of result, provided you can custom make up some brackets.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Steve :)

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Fail!!!

Sway bars!!

Front and rear for $400. google whiteline.
Then you can get super low springs and lowered struts off ebay for $660.

Then when you save up some cash do all the bushes. Don't waste money chasing power.

MACE now do swaybars ect:hmmm:.Nice one for directing him to EBAY in Steves forum section.........He also has lowered springs if you read his post.Can I have what you are:smoking:

Take Steves advice obviouslly OP.:rofl2: