Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

110 km/ph in a 60 zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
i dont think speeding is such a problem really honestly who would know or care if i was to do 150 in a industrail estate and do burnouts to my tyres pop, who is it going to effect honestly. the worst possible outcome is u hit a pole a die its not going to effect the gernal public at all, although iv done it a couple of times im not going to be again just because its stupid and not really that much fun, you have to admit when you first got ur p's you wound your car up and saw how fast it can go, some people get away with it others dont and pay with thier lives or p's i have learnt without a punishment that its dumb and wont be doing it again, but burnouts haha try and stop me, they arent hurting anyone or effeting any one no one sees me, no one hears me nothing gets broken or damaged the road gets a little line left on it who cares. its really not a problem, with burnouts i think it comes down to a time and place for everything.
Congratulations on posting the most idiotic comment in this thread so far.

I'll tell you who it effects:
Your family and friends. The taxpayers, yes thats right, it costs taxpayers when the police, fire services and ambo's need to clean up the mess you created. It costs your family for your funeral.

Speeding isn't safe on any road, regardless of how abandoned it may appear. A car may still pull out from anywhere, pedestrian or animal. I'm guessing you haven't had your license for too long if you honestly believe the garbage you just posted.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
QUOTE=ProphetVX;415119: I'll tell you who it effects:
Your family and friends. - not everyone has a loving family

The taxpayers, yes thats right, it costs taxpayers when the police, fire services and ambo's need to clean up the mess you created. - the cost never affected me before, the way i see it is they have a job to do and they do it! if they don't like it find another job.

It costs your family for your funeral. - the option of a spade is cheaper

Speeding isn't safe on any road, regardless of how abandoned it may appear. - so the old airfield strip isn't safe or the race track? there still roads!
A car may still pull out from anywhere, pedestrian or animal. - if you pay attention when you drive you just might avoid this happening to you, i've avoided plenty of objects by PAYING ATTENTION WHEN YOU DRIVE, something alot of people forget when explaining why they had an accident.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
heeno said:
I'll tell you who it effects:
Your family and friends. - not everyone has a loving family
So thats an okay justification to drive recklessly on our roads potentially putting your life and others at risk?

heeno said:
The taxpayers, yes thats right, it costs taxpayers when the police, fire services and ambo's need to clean up the mess you created. - the cost never affected me before, the way i see it is they have a job to do and they do it! if they don't like it find another job.
So you don't pay taxes that pay their wages?

Do you pay insurance by any chance?

Perhaps if there weren't so many morons on the roads, green slips would be cheaper, registrations would be cheaper, and the taxes that come from our hard-earned cash could be put to another use instead of cleaning up the mess caused by idiots on our roads.

heeno said:
It costs your family for your funeral. - the option of a spade is cheaper
So is throwing your body in a river, but its not quite the point is it?

heeno said:
Speeding isn't safe on any road, regardless of how abandoned it may appear. - so the old airfield strip isn't safe or the race track? there still roads!
Sorry I should have made it a bit simpler for you to understand, a public access road.

heeno said:
A car may still pull out from anywhere, pedestrian or animal. - if you pay attention when you drive you just might avoid this happening to you, i've avoided plenty of objects by PAYING ATTENTION WHEN YOU DRIVE, something alot of people forget when explaining why they had an accident.
If you're driving recklessly and speeding, the reaction time in which you can handle a situation becomes alot smaller... Paying attention at 150kmh, opposed to 50kmh on a small local access road present vastly different scenarios.

If you want to give it a squirt, then hit the tracks where you aren't endangering the lives of others. If you drive your car on public roads, then stick to the laws.

We've all broken the law at some point or another on our roads, but to think its ok because you're doing it where you think you won't bump into someone is selfish and irresponsible.

Last edited:

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I just requested a S.A. criminal record for a guy we locked up here last week. it came back, 54 pages long BTW, wiht his criminla record right back to when he was 14 years old. So don't be so shure, NOTHING GETS DELETED!

The police told me that everything was deleted. All I had was a fake I.D. incident where I had to do a bit of community service. The guy said at the station " you would be glad your turning 18 soon as this will get scrubbed". And also a warning incident for alcohol in a dry zone which I was told would get put on file.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
As for burnouts wait till ya get caught doing them on a public road and have to pay for the road to get resurfaced then it aint hurting anybody is it ?

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
The police told me that everything was deleted. All I had was a fake I.D. incident where I had to do a bit of community service. The guy said at the station " you would be glad your turning 18 soon as this will get scrubbed". And also a warning incident for alcohol in a dry zone which I was told would get put on file.
I always thought by "deleted" they meant that it cannot be accessed for criminal checks with employers, and juvenile misdemeanours are not admissable in an adult court of law. However they are always kept on record.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
ok well i got my letter from "The Man" at the start of this week..

i got done doing 65km/h in a 50k zone by a camera, didnt have to go to court and didnt lose my licence. I got a $280 fine, im now on 1 demerit point until i renew my licence and im on my P's until im 20...

this is all in SA

cheers
Josh
excellent, now that this thread has had all questions asked and answered we can close it. i dont want another repeat of the speed camera thread where everyone starts acting childish (even though this has already started, hence the reason im getting in early)

any problems with this feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.