Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1227165 & ALDL in a V8 VP

Chuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
foammedia said:
Chuffy, TunerPRO RT will do it :)

Well after that previous post I thought about that, so I went out to the car and had a go with TunerPRO RT. It connects but doesn't run correctly. The RPM stays on idle, not moving at all, the TPS is all over the place when I'm not even pushing the throttle. Something weird going on here. I'm thinking that it may be the VN/VR plug configuration I'm using, as this is a 165 in a VP. Also, I haven't ported across all the pins in the VR plug, so there may be something missing. What I've basically done is wired the standard VP ALDL into a VR ALDL plug, which I then plug the ALDL Cable into. In addition, I have 1 extra wire going to A8 in the ECU.

Mate across the road has a VR so I might go test things in his car to see if it works correctly on not.

CATCH! :D

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Mate don't worry too much about the pins. Only two pins are connected in the interface.

Mike

Chuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
michaelw said:
Mate don't worry too much about the pins. Only two pins are connected in the interface.

Mike

Hey Mike,

If that's the case, then I would have thought a lot more people would have problems connecting to a VR/VS with TunerPRO RT for ALDL. Don't get me wrong, I believe I only need the 2 pins connected as well, but if it works fine on a VR/VS, then where's the problem. :confused:

I'll find out when I connect to the neighbor's car. Just gotta wait for him to recover from last night's party. :drink:

CATCH! :D