Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

~$12k on a car

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That's very nice :) posh

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
bah, get yourself a hq premier. Old school ftw!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
As much as I love HQ's (my all time favorite car) the times for using one for as a daily driver are long gone. Good parts are hard to get, they have bad rust issues and really they are a sunny Sunday kind of car now :)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Pretty much agree with what everyone has said about Fords inline six, BA onwards, Fords 4.o LT twin cam makes Holden Alloytec feel like a an age old buick all over again. Sad but true, unless it's a V8, Ford has, and has had the edge, for quite some time now. Anyone who's been in an XR6 Turbo will testify to that!!

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
Thanks for your input guys. The ford is something to consider but honestly how bad does the taxi-pack BA look. Also that plastic dash that stretches on for miles?

Also I'm in NSW, so it can be any NA 6 cyl, (even the 190kw Alloytec) but not turbo or 8 cyl.... as I said the input is valuable will consider. I guess the VY has the same motor and tranny as the VS i'm stepping up from, so a change would be nice... although not too keen on the VZ executive (blandest car ever?)...

So yeah I'm thinking VY Berlina, it looks overall a nice car (or Calais if can find one cheap enough) or similar in ford age/trim level.
Will test drive as much as possible i guess to see what personally suits...

Something I noticed, How cheap are magnas of the same age... although... just no.