Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

14YO Boy arrested carrying drugs in Bali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
there is something every one is not unerstading here he would of knowen that the penalty is higher in indonesia but as i am awear every one dose drugs there he is 14 has no idea and probaly got told it would be allright and i bet he listened as a 14yo would #### the amount of BS i was told at 14 was massive and yes i found out later on some things i was told was BS
Dude if English is your first language you really need to ask your teacher for a refund.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
there is something every one is not unerstading here

I am not understanding your post.

Try using a spell check and throwing in some punctuation please.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
When it suited us. Until we became the United States' "deputy sheriffs". Those countries think of us as a joke. Keating may have had the right idea but even he offended them. The recalcitrants at least.

Hardly as a consequence of our relationship with the US. Many SE Asian nations are equally dependent upon the US for military and social aid as they are on us. Malaysia seems to have an issue with us, dating back to Mahathir's presidency and I'm stuffed if I know why. I don't think the SE Asian nations think of us as a joke, rather we are different to them because of our Anglo-Saxon background and total lack of any cultural similarities and totally at odds with the Asian mentality. We are affluent, many of them are not, in fact they depend on Australian tourist dollars to prop up their economies. Bali and Thailand are good examples.

As for being when it suited us, Keating proposed that Australia be a key element of ASEAN because we are potentially the most affluent, best endowed nation in this part of the world for commodities, and we had much to offer ASEAN members, just as we had much to benefit from membership. It wasn't just a case of doing it because it suited us. Keating wanted to establish and strengthen the ties between Australia and its northern neighbours.

As for your perceptions politically, you have been balanced for the most part, but defence of anything Labor has "achieved" will have others drop on you because, as you put it, there is an element of blind support for the right wing on this forum. I have often wondered why so few Labor supporters dare to venture forth, given the numbers of them that must have been around when voting. However, I believed your comment about governments of any persuasion being no different needed to be taken on. My point is, and always has been, that while Labor has had effective leaders and performed creditably in the past, this mob will never be remembered for anything other than their screw-ups. I don't subscribe to the "Libs are always better" side of the argument, but I have difficulty reconciling the fact that the electorate has now voted twice for a Labor government after having a long term Coalition that had a proven track record. I can excuse the 2007 result for multiple reasons but the 2010 result simply defies any logic.

Finally, and I have also said this previously, I wish to God Abbott would give the negativity away and finally start to put forward some solid, balanced and practical policies. He hasn't done so and this is the greatest chink in his armour.

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
Labor killed (//) in every AUS state and territory - did it for me. Labor = anti freedom. Sick bolshie swill, they need to reinvent themselves. The kid? He's 14 not 7, this area has a high number of bogan dills. Like they advertise in Malaysia; "DRUGS ARE ****", they then warn you of the death penalty.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I have often wondered why so few Labor supporters dare to venture forth, given the numbers of them that must have been around when voting.

Finally, and I have also said this previously, I wish to God Abbott would give the negativity away and finally start to put forward some solid, balanced and practical policies. He hasn't done so and this is the greatest chink in his armour.

Because in this forum at least, anyone daring to make a left wing comment will be outnumbered by an overwhelming majority of right wing hard liners. It gets boring being called an idiot when you try to have an intelligent, reasoned debate.

Tony Abbot is not the person you want to have running this country. He is possibly the only impediment to Labour being ousted, given the current hostility towards the government.

When he wooed the independents to attempt to become the PM, he was vocal about the childish way the parliament worked, agreeing with the independents that a more bipartisan approach to government was needed. When he failed to gain their vote, that changed overnight, and he returned to be one of the most obstructionist opposition leaders ever.

Get rid of him, and I could be a swinging vote.

Now I am in a political discussion, which I try to avoid on this forum these days lol. I will try to return to the original topic..

Given that opinion is split regarding the application of Indonesian law, I am wondering what everyone might suggest is an appropriate punishment for his crimes if the government were able to negotiate such a punishment?

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
wonder if he knew he was gonna be bunk buddies with corby...

@14 u should know, but if mummy and daddy do cones u gonna follow in their footsteps,,

no excuse for stupidity

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
It's pretty simple.

You go to a country, you have to abide by it's laws.

In Indonesia the penalties for drug related offences are extremely harsh, but that's the law so you just abide by it.

This retard kid, went to Indonesia, bought weed and then flaunted it in public.

It's not like he can calim ignorance to the laws since in recent times there have been several high profile cases of stupid Australians being up in jail there.

I don't agree with the punishment but ****, that's the laws in Indonesia so if I went there I would be stayed well away from drugs. ####ing simple.

You do the crime, you do the time and stupidity or ignorance is no defence.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The law would actually work.....
if it didnt only work on australians
Tell me how many of them get locked up for drugs please

Just thought I would post this to show Australians are hardly unfairly targeted (even though thread is closed).

Retired American Serviceman Jailed in Bali for Drugs | The Jakarta Globe

Chef Ramsay's brother jailed in Bali for heroin | Reuters

NZer facing jail in Bali for drugs - Smoking - NZ Herald News

Man held in Bali over cannabis smuggling - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Thai French embassy staffer caught with cocaine in Bali | The Jakarta Post

There is literally thousands of cases of non Australians being charged with drug offences in Bali. One such case was a south american woman just before Corby. She was sentenced to maximum penalty which was then reduced to just 2 years. Many experts say this was reduced as South America did not say it was Indonesias fault and carry on like Australia does each time our citizens break THEIR law.

Just for you Tommay, I have requested from Bali any report on foreigners charged in drugs cases since 1990. I have no idea if they will send anything, if they do, I will make sure to post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.