Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

186s motor

308commodore

308 commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
308 VK CALAIS
hey guy's, just been given a 186s motor and 2 speed gearbox for free:yeah: . it's got 30 thow flat top pistons, apparantly a very big cam, haed with alot of work done to it. 308 valves double valve springs heavy port job, 4 barrell cain manifold, 500 2 barrell holley, with chrome side plates. i reckon i got the bargain of my life. the head has been off for about 12 months but has been wrapped up to protect from the elements. as this motor is going to be used in my speedway car i need to know what's involved in turning it into a methanol engine or should i just rebuild it to run on premium fel. any help would be greatly appreciated...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
:w00t: who's stupid enough to give away that engine!!!!good pickup but:thumbsup:

308commodore

308 commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
308 VK CALAIS
so i take it you think i got a good score???
lol:thumbsup:

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i think you hit the jackpot man.....my mates been lookin for one for his EH for a year now and no one wants to get rid of them

Berlina wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT berlina wagon
Stainless steel valves and hardened seats is whats required to run it on unleaded without any problems, as the old engins used to use the lead in the fuel to lubricate valves.

grantisaac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX11
The shape of your intake port looks similar to a yella teera head i had. They used to cut out the port and place a new post in for your head bolt to run through. You are very lucky to score that