Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

190kW Alloytec tune results!

eddieve06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
How does it effect your warranty? Or can holden tell that you have modified the management

Ah the warranty, isn't that like the greyest area. I heard that a catback exhaust wont do anything to the warrant while replacing the headers will.
With an engine management tune i'm not sure, i had a tune done on my old
sv8 and holden didn't even detect it.

Would be great to get clarification as to what does and doesnt affect warranty though

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
I'm already hunting stock eights! :) and scaring the **** out of them when I pull away from them. As for the 5.7L's only thing that can happen there is go all out and supercharge it!

Warranty wise, as you so put it Eddie a very grey area, depends on your relationship with your dealer, my dealer has no problems whatsoever.

Andrew, so far the 5spds CAN'T be programmed, the website can't be accurate in that aspect. He had the software there programming it, and there was nothing in it to play with the 5spd.

helmsy

Just Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
Warranty is always a grey area with Dealers. Just get to know yours as some of them are ok with it. Best way would be to ring your own dealer and ask them. If not, ring another.

Another thing to note is that some dealers will re-flash with the standard (s***house) Holden tune when servicing (and not always tell you) but most tuners will re-tune your car if they did it before.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
If by some stroke of bad luck they do re-flash it, easy to get the tune re-flashed in, Sinc I picked mine up mid 06, the last of the updates had already been done, and nor do I need to getting any new ones, don't need any anyway, she's beating like a bass drum :)