Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1932 Ford Type 302 Ute, Yes Non-Holden

ken1939

Reaction score
Members Ride
39 Chevy Coupe, 31 Chevy LP, 32 Ford Ute
I know you accept all makes here and thats fine, I kind of like most makes. To say I have a sickness for the Australian Ute is an Understatement. With that in mind I offer my first born, a 1932 Ford Type 302 Ute. One of two in the Continental US. To make a long story somewhat short, I started with a Cowl, Doors, Rear quarter skins, a gate skin. The car has a French Flathead and C4 trans with a 55 Chevy Diff. The top, firewall, rad shell and insert are all gennie. The fenders are repops as are the runningboards and frame. Now with one under my belt, I must now get another. The G8 to Commodore VE is looking better, especially on prices of the parts needed and alot of help from people on both sides of our countries willing to help.

Attachments

• DSCF0023.JPG
    DSCF0023.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 2,310
  • DSCF0029.JPG
    DSCF0029.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 1,790
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 688

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
top notch.
looks awesome.
more pics and more info would be cool =P

keep up the good work.
seems like you have some other awesome cars aswell.

ken1939

Reaction score
Members Ride
39 Chevy Coupe, 31 Chevy LP, 32 Ford Ute
Well it all started with a Ebay sale that did not go. The seller was in California. After a phone call and money sent a week later I had a crate in my driveway with the cowl, dash, doors, rear quarters and gate skin. From there I got on ebay, a repro frame that needed a K member so I did that, added the front and rear crossmembers. The engine was a French Flathead that I got on ebay, was rebuilt in 91 and never run, saved me from learning to build a flathead. Flatomatic bell housing to connect it to a C4 Trans. Front axle is a dropped polish stainless with 4 bar, I have a triangulated 4 bar in the rear of the car. The bed and underneath of the car is polish annodized aluminum with louvers, as is a gas tank cover I made. The rear fenders are brookville, the fronts are gaslight auto, that I got on ebay. The seller was building a 34 Ford and bought the wrong fenders. Coker Goodyears (Next time radials) with Gennie wheels. Interior is Red pleated vinyl with white trim. The top irons are originals that I chopped 2 inches and stretched 6 inches to fit the body. I wanted to spend another 3 months on the rear quarters, but I really needed in paint a few years ago before fall hit. I used BASF Limco Synthetic Enamel, and painted the car outside. I used a TP Tools paint turbine with a #4 tip. Key is to paint on Sunday mornings before the bugs wake up. I did the top and interior as well.