Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1979 VC SLE Prototype

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
I see that the long awaited pics have gone up on fastlane, we all may have to eat humble pie.... ****!

pics.. or it didn't happen :)

ps.. what the hell is the fastlane ?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I see that the long awaited pics have gone up on fastlane, we all may have to eat humble pie.... ****!

humble pie? pfffffft. if he hadve posted pics and acted like less of a twat in the first place this thread would have taken a different turn.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
OP acts evasive then wonders why people dont believe his story on multiple forums.

Maybe this will be a lesson to him that you cant come onto the internet claiming ownership of something like this with no proof.

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Sle 4.2, ve SSZ z wagon
for what its worth i own an original black over silver vc sle originally purchased from John Martin Holden in melbourne

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
i honestly don't care, he chucked a massive hissy fit like a 4 year old girl.

Proof or not doesn't change the fact that he is a twat.

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Sle 4.2, ve SSZ z wagon
I don't have to post up anything, ive got the proof so its of little concern to me now as i don't have to prove it any more. Im happy for anyone to come to my place and spend the day going over it with me. The offer is open to anyone to come look at this Commodore prototype. Any if you own a vb commodore bring that with you so i can show you how structurally different this car is to a normal vb regardless of the 1977 and 78 parts on it.

damo, i would like to compare my blk/silver vc sle version with your prototype. it would be interesting to compare the variations pre and post production. let me know if interested

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
The last page has all the pics. Very interesting indeed.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
No argument from me that he's a idiot and he went about it the wrong way.
Here's a link to the fastlane thread. The last couple of pages are interesting
FastLane - VC SLE SHADOW TONE PROTOTYPE

Dave

.. thanks for that link (never knew there was a fastlane forum)

mind you, after reading all that plus looking at the pics, nothing has changed in my mind. Its NOT No1 VC or No1 VB
as he is now claiming. Its got a mismatch between the chassis number (shown on the police registration papers)
and the build number on the plates in his pics. He claims it was bought by Chris Emerson but the papers
show it was bought by Balmoral Motors (now Booran Holden) and registered at Cheltenham
which all does not make sense as GMH had a Vicroads licence to register cars in their own name
(using the then registration branch at Fishermens Bend to do the legwork)

He claims the VA on the steering column relates to the car model but it doesn't. It is the production
broadcast code for that part. He also claims lots of other things that don't stack up... based on
my knowledge and information from working their over that period. .. Such a tosser !