Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1981 commodore

astrosoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL 1981
Hi all, I just got given my mums old car,

from the rego papers I got the following.

Body: sedan
year: 1981
Engine: VL217803
its got 300k on the clock and has been serviced every 5k, on top of that its never been pushed hard as its 2 owners were both over 60year's old, no dents on it, some minor scratch's thats all.

its got a blue engine under the hood too, someone mentioned that blue is good and red is bad?. and a SL badge on it.

What do you reckon its worth? someone said they would buy it $300 but I'm sure its on the realm of vintage. I already have a car so I don't need it. I looked online and cant find find them anywhere. No one has a single one for sale so I'm guessing its in demand, the closest I found was a stock 1983 model for $9000 Any help would be great! thanks.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
$9000 for a 1983 model - it would have to be an immaculate SLE version with a 5.0 litre and all the goodies.

The reallity is a VH SL 202 with a good body and those k's is about $900 (tops) with no reg or rwc.

Not what you wanted to hear.

Cheers
Pete

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
exactly what vbred said unless its manaul then it worth about 1200

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
If its that clean, put it up for 1500 and see what happens, a decent shell is hard to find, forget the blue/red motor thing, electronic dizzy and usually refers to the 8's, SL is a good model, still not too bad inside, you'd only be aiming at the market who like VH's, even first car buyers can get a lot later models for as low as $2000. Post pics if you can

NZVK308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK sold.. VN3.8 and VX aclaim
Over here between 1200-1500...

astrosoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL 1981
Someone just messaged me and came over, and he's coming back Monday with $2000 he gave me a $750 deposit. Guess they are in demand. He tested the engine, reved it hard and it was still in perfect condition. Inside its perfect. Its had 2 layers of car seat covers on it since the day it was bought. I was going to link some pictures but no point now since it sold in less than 12 hours and I didn't even get to list it online yet :-S

NZVK308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK sold.. VN3.8 and VX aclaim
Good one!!