Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

.1981 vc hdt wagon

gibson88

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81' VC HDT Wagon
hey all.

well the name says it all.

this is a real challenge for myself as i will be building this car by myself...maybe a little bit of a hand if i can get it, but most of the work will be done by me.

the wagon already is palais white which is already a VC HDT Colour which is very exciting as i bought the wagon as that and also makes things alot easier all she needs is a light sand a colour sealer and a respray which saves alot of money!!!!!

According to australian aussie car muscle magazine a VC HDT has a GU7 diff, which i don't think thats right but if thats the case then im covered with that too.

Interior wise will be claret as carmine sooooooo rare to fine as itself and i have searched high and low for it. and will be striping a SL/E commodore to get the parts i need as the VC HDT was based on the SL/E commodore back in the early 80's when it first came out.

Stereo will all be original holden eurovox tape deck lol . this wagon will kind of be a showcar/ a sunny day wagon so hopefully there is alot intrest in this build as i know alot of people will be watching this with excitement.

i have the bodykit as i have checked eveything and the kit fits very well so at this stage things are going fantastically :) (don't you love it when everything goes to plan)

in summery here are some pics at this stage of the build, including :
a guttered VC Wagon, new headlight covers and a few other odd & sodds

enjoy.

Image007.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image003_1.jpg

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
HDT did make wagons!

You planning the full HDT kit?

gibson88

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81' VC HDT Wagon
thats right they did,

well i have everything now and just starting purchasing all the burgandy interior which is great and very excited

yes i have all the flared guards and the front spoiler and the full sticker kit hehehhe

im thinkin black 19's on it whats you's think???? and having it w/out the stereo...but just having the original stereo in it

gibson88

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81' VC HDT Wagon
and yes it will be the real mccoy no cutting corners and yes a 8 is in place as i mentioned earlier getting a SL/E and ripping all the mechanicals in it :)

picked up the 4x claret door trims, 2 x kick panels & 2 front seats all in claret for 180 bucks

anyone know how to take out the old snipper rod & change it to the sl/e lock ???? thats highly important

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
If your talking about the inside locks, i think theres a howto on it, or its in the sticky in the VK section!

Have you got a pic of a VC HDT for reference?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That looks very clean, no rust damage either! Should be a fun build, when everything just works :) What's the timeframe for the build?

gibson88

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81' VC HDT Wagon
yer i have got plenty a pics of VC HDTs and got video's bout it (25 years of HDT)

i hope to get the build done by next summer, my GF works for PPG which is great so paint & panel will get a good price :)

yer gotta get rid of the snipper rod will check it out