Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1990 355ci HSV WAGON

PINKY355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV WAGON
1990 355ci HSV WAGON NOW WITH COME MANIFOLD

NAME: Ian
ENGINE: Balanced, honed and Blue printed 355ci, Come crank , Chevy I beam rods, Hypereutectic flat top pistons, ARP main stud kit, race bearings, crane 286 cam, 10-1 compression, moly lifters, HV oil pump, double row timing chain, Hi energy sump and Gilmer belt drive.
HEADS: Decked, Ported, port matched, 2.0mm & 1.6mm S/S valves, Crane 1.65 roller rockers, double v/v springs.
INTAKE: COME RACING TTB with 100mm snorkel, K&N pod filter in custom housing with cold air intake from under the guard. Big injectors and hiflow fuel pump.
COOLING: New 4 core radiator and clutched fan.
EXHAUST: Pacemaker tri Y headers into high flow CAT and 3” single system.
POWER: 332rwhp at 6500rpm.
GEARBOX: Toughened T700, shift kitted, with 3000rpm hi stall and lock up.
DIFF: VL TURBO LSD with 3.73 gears.
BRAKES: PBR twin spot callipers with slotted rotors on front. Original callipers on rear with slotted rotors and bendex ultimate pads.
SUSPENSION: FE2 spec suspension with 18inch alloy mags.
INTERIOR: Original Berlina spec interior with leather trim, aircon, cruise control, power steering, central locking and power windows. Previous owner did fit a different drivers seat.
EXTERIOR: Original paint and body kit. Paint still polishes up nice for 17 year old car but obviously has the usual close inspection blemishes. Original SV mags saved in the shed to be shod with MT street radials for (Woop arse Wednesday) sessions.
STEREO: Alpine 45w x 4 deck with 4" fronts. Rears are 6"x9" Boschmann and 2x 12inch SONY subs in a custom ported enclosure. Response 4x130watt power amp to drive the rear end. Seen 123db on the sound meter with a great sound and tight and deep bass.
OTHER MODS: Vented Group A bonnet scoop to try and feed cool air straight through the manifold tunnel (between the runners and the plenum). Only works if the throttle body engine cover is removed thou.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• tn_P1010004.JPG
    tn_P1010004.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 1,380
  • tn_P1010005.JPG
    tn_P1010005.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 1,618
  • tn_dyno0001.jpg
    tn_dyno0001.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
the dual plane manifold will look horn if u have a big airfilter out the bonnet :)

PINKY355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV WAGON
Absolutely. The DP will fit under the scoop with a 14x3" filter but theres nothing stopping a bloke whacking in a spacer under the TB and fitting a higher filter. :yeah:

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
***in tough motor bud.

why on earth are you running 6x9's with subs though?????

PINKY355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV WAGON
***in tough motor bud.

why on earth are you running 6x9's with subs though?????

It is a wagon mate with plenty of space to fill. To be honest thou the speakers I wanted from this brand were 6" but not available so I took their big brother speakers. I needed something to handle genuine high power to keep the sound stage even above the subwoofer volume. What would you say if I told you I listen to some country music on it:w00t:

PINKY355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV WAGON
Country Music!? NOOOOOOO. Nice car though, HSV VN wagon with a 355, feels good to be different doesn't it?

My wife always said I was a little "DIFFERENT" she said I dont pay her enough attention aswell or something like that but I wasnt really listening.

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
It is a wagon mate with plenty of space to fill. To be honest thou the speakers I wanted from this brand were 6" but not available so I took their big brother speakers. I needed something to handle genuine high power to keep the sound stage even above the subwoofer volume. What would you say if I told you I listen to some country music on it:w00t:

i dont think you understand what 6x9's are made for....regardless of genre of music.

6x9inch speakers are made to be run without subs, they provide a low level freq to give more bass when not running any mono subs.

6inch 3ways or splits are designed to give more trebel and high freq rather than bass.

big or small it dosnt matter, your getting less quality running 6x9's with subs.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
very nice like ur rims and boot install so the 355 is making bit over 200rwkw? Sweet ride check out my 355 vn

PINKY355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV WAGON
i dont think you understand what 6x9's are made for....regardless of genre of music.

6x9inch speakers are made to be run without subs, they provide a low level freq to give more bass when not running any mono subs.

6inch 3ways or splits are designed to give more trebel and high freq rather than bass.

big or small it dosnt matter, your getting less quality running 6x9's with subs.

Mate I been designing and building speakers, crossovers and subs for houses and cars for 20 years. The bass component of the 6x9's is going to waste in this install with the crossover point used but the descision to use these speakers was based on tonal preference and the value for money at the time. The whole install was suprisingly cheap and I designed it that way to show some of the young blokes in my family that well chosen good value components in a well designed system can sound as good as alot of expensive gear. I originally bought the car purely as a work car to save our good cars getting killed by fall out at the refinery I work at but as we do the money started flowing towards it.