Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1996 HSV Clubsport Exhaust System

jamdwan

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS HSV Clubsport Manual, 1998 HSV Clubsport
I have done and exhaust system on my car done by Pit Stop here in NZ, and it just doesn't sound anywhere near what my VT 5.0L Clubby sounded like!! (Exact same engine). It use to rumble the ground on idle and just sound amazing.

I currently have extractors - no cats - into 2, 2.5 inch pipes into the standard 2 HSV mufflers then 2 out into single 2 3/4 inch single after the y pipe, into resonator as the rear muffler.

Is this any good for my car performance wise as I know the sound is nothing near to what I want.

Any help with what system to install and who would be best to contact here in NZ would be awesome.

Everybody says 2 1/2 twin system, but who makes them in NZ?

Thanks in advance

Jamie Dwan

micky vn man

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 calias
the mufflers are whats holding it back bud.cut that **** out or get some hi flo ones welded on..will sounds tuff as espically with no cats

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
yea mate get rid of the mufflers. The VS HSV mufflers are quite big and would be 2.25 pipe from memory? Whereas im pretty sure the VT HSV mufflers would be a bit smaller.

Anyhow... put some straight thru 2.5 mufflers in and it will rumble! I put a VX HSV system and removed the balance pipe on mine. no rear muffler and it is pretty loud, choppy and crackly, and i have cats too. i love the sound.

Your system wouldnt do any harm to your performance. Keep in mind though that the car will sound different inside then it does outside.... Mine sounds better outside than inside!

jamdwan

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS HSV Clubsport Manual, 1998 HSV Clubsport
Thanks guys, is there a particular brand of muffler that would be best. I think that my VT Clubby had a coby system from memory. Should I just hunt some of those mufflers down or go for something else.

Cheers,

Jamie

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Dunno what NZ has to offer muffler wise, but ive always had good results with: Magnaflo, Supercat and Lukey