Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1998 Holden Barina Swing 1.4L starting issue when cold

mskiran007

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Barina Swing 1.4l
Hello everyone,

I'm seeking assistance with an issue I'm experiencing with my 1998 Holden Barina Swing. I recently purchased this vehicle from an individual who had stored it in a garage for over 1.5 years without starting it. He listed it for sale, and I acquired it from him. After investing a few weeks and making some part replacements, I managed to get it registered. However, I've encountered a sudden problem, particularly during cold mornings.

Upon researching online, I came across two potential issues: a faulty Throttle Position Sensor or a malfunctioning Coolant Temperature Sensor. Here's the problem description:

In the morning, when I try to start the car, it gives me a hard time. I often need to use an easy start spray to get it going (once it starts after spraying, it doesn't require the spray for the rest of the day). Initially, I suspected it was the TP sensor, but yesterday afternoon, when the temperature was around 24 degrees Celsius, the car started right away without the need for the spray. This has left me confused.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice from anyone who can help me with this issue.

Regards,
msk

Last edited: