Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1998 VT Rear right Knock

ll_luce

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT V6 Signature
Hi Guys,

I have just had my car back after getting a new engine and a upgrade to an LSD diff. Recently I went to go and try the new diff out which is wicked how ever when you put your foot down turning Right there is a loud thud thud which appears to be coming from the rear right hand side, I have checked the diff even though it doesn't sound like anything mechanical and tightened up any lose bolts that I can see in the rear end but yet till this day it is still doing the thud thud, My VT does not have Anti-Skid control how ever before I got the diff replaced if I remember right it was doing this, Holden took it for a drive and I have had 2 mechanics look at it, 1 Who could not find the noise and the 2nd who thought it was the clutch pack on the diff needed to loosen up. How ever this sounds like utter bullshit as he was the one who put this "New Diff" in the first place. Has anyone had anything like this similar to happen or no a way I could diagnose it? It almost sounds if as something is hitting the chassis underneath but cannot find anything. I will keep this updated

Cheers to anyone that can help.

ll_luce

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT V6 Signature
Bump someone

grim596

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 3.0L TDi Colorado
I'm having an almost identical problem, though mine seems worse... sometimes it happens sometimes not.. usually on a left turn and seems like it's coming from the left.
I'm getting my left CV shaft replaced on wednesday morning, thats what i think it is and i've snapped all my right sized allen keys on trying to get the old one out, my mechanic is doing it for $66 got the part for $195 I'll keep you posted, hopefully thats the issue for me

ll_luce

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT V6 Signature
Yeah please do, I know what you mean by the allen keys though, Unfortunatly mine was the opposite came back from the mechanics with only 3 Bolts tightened up on the right hand cv shaft the others were almsot out >.<

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Mate take it straight back tell them. it worked before they broke it.

ll_luce

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT V6 Signature
Unfortunatly a week and a half ago his workshop was burnt down.. Pitty really how ever it turns out it was the two rear lower subframe bushes? One on each side apparently there is not even one on the right hand side and on the left hand side it hasnt been mounted properly? I got a price on the bushes which is only NZD$29.00 EXC GST each . Does anyone know how hard theres are to put in do they need to be pressed?