Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1999 MKIV Supra - Twin Turbo

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Mine is a non vvti.

And it isn't as easy as buying a front cut.

They offer a lifetime warranty on repairs. So to scribe that they would need to buy a reconditioned engine. Which is why it's proving hard to find imo.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
a recondition engine is more likely to fail faster than a genuine low klm engine. Unless your willing to spend money getting one recondition theres no garuantee of quality either way. You have no idea of whether the reco'd motor is any good same is the case when buying 2nd hand only a new genuine motor offer some sort of garauntee that it will last a "lifetime". You'll find a reconditioner will only offer a years warranty (20,000klms) if that, at the most and any modification to engine would void that

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
You make a valid point.

I guess I'll just sit back and see what happens.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Ok, called the assessor today.

Apparently he hasn't had anything to do with my car since the approval of repairs.
So I'm about to call the repairer back and ask him who he's been loading with about the new engine.
Tbh right now I'll be happy to have my car back after my south east Asia trip. (I come back to work on the 6th of march)

This really sucks atm as I'd love to be modding it but you can't do that when it's sitting in pieces in a workshop.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
WELL ladies and gents.

My time with this beautiful piece of machinery has ended. it officially got written off today.

I collect my posetions out of it tomorrow ( a few torches that i accidently left in it ) then its gone.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
No good mate... :(