Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

19s or 20s

vp5lute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5lt
i should say its not really a walky replica its green and has a 6ltr in it

i got told 9in wide fits can someone confirm this

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
i got told 9in wide fits can someone confirm this

Depends on the offset of the wheel and the profile of the tyres. Really you're just going to have to trial fit.

As for slower, it would "gear up" the drive ratio and make acceleration slower.

vp5lute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5lt
well if anyone knows where i can get a set of chrome or gold simmons in 19s to fit let me know asap

cheers

Angeldust

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z series Clubsport HRT edition
lol if have a 6 ltr, ure going to have traction issues, especially in an earlier commodore.

My car came out with 18" semi-slicks (pirelli corsa) 235/40 and currently i have yokohama
advan sports on and basically in my VZ i cant use more than 1/2 throttle in 1st, 2/3 throttle
in 2nd without frying the tyres and going sideways into a gutter/tree/pole. Yesterday it was
raining and i went to just roll on from the lights that i came to in 3rd gear at about 30km/hr
and went sideways with just 1/3 throttle (or less). Most people don;t understand what
'overpowering the chassis' actually means until they get there lol.

EVeryone wants 500hp for their falcadores, yet forget (or are clueless ) that anything over 400 = wheelspin
(in pre-VE models)

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
lol if have a 6 ltr, ure going to have traction issues, especially in an earlier commodore.

My car came out with 18" semi-slicks (pirelli corsa) 235/40 and currently i have yokohama
advan sports on and basically in my VZ i cant use more than 1/2 throttle in 1st, 2/3 throttle
in 2nd without frying the tyres and going sideways into a gutter/tree/pole. Yesterday it was
raining and i went to just roll on from the lights that i came to in 3rd gear at about 30km/hr
and went sideways with just 1/3 throttle (or less). Most people don;t understand what
'overpowering the chassis' actually means until they get there lol.

EVeryone wants 500hp for their falcadores, yet forget (or are clueless ) that anything over 400 = wheelspin
(in pre-VE models)

Cool story bro. I don't see what 400hp has to do with the topic at hand though.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I wouldn't really bother buying aftermarket wheels unless you're buying 22" plus.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
19's & 20's look ridiculous on first gens

18's max

Agree. Absolutely correct IMHO. Hilarious and dopey would equally describe how 19s and 20s look on those models. It's probably OK if you want people to point their fingers and laugh at your car.

Angeldust

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z series Clubsport HRT edition
Cool story bro. I don't see what 400hp has to do with the topic at hand though.

unless he sets it up right, its gonna be **** to drive bro, but of course you already knew that hey bro

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
unless he sets it up right, its gonna be **** to drive bro, but of course you already knew that hey bro

What does it have to do with your 400hp though brah? Does this mean that something with say 100hp won't handle like crap on gigantic wheels?

Last edited: