Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2.5" exhausts VY SS 5.7ltr

Zoro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 03
What are people paying (ballpark figures or exact) for 2.5" stainless exhausts from headers/ extractors right through to the tips?

I have been quoted $2500 for a full stainless system for pacemaker 4:1's through to the tips and using my original CAT's.

My second qoute was $1520 for a mild steel exhaust. Thats $950 for Genie extractors and 2.5" CAT back exhaust for $570. Using my original CAT's.

Basically an extra $1000 for stainless. Does this sound right?
All prices are fitted and include GST.

How do these prices compare with the rest of Aust?

Regards,
Kent

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Here in alice my pacemaker 1 3/4 4 into 1's with 3" high flow metal substrate cats fitted cost $1530. 2 1/2" mild steel catback cost $375 fitted. This would have been cheaper if it was all done at once.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
sounds bout right from what iv been quoted

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Well I checked ebay, you can get redback 2.5 exhaust (mild steel), headers (stainless steel, cant remember brand) and magna flow hi flow cats (x2) for around $1100, + $200 at most to fit and you have a good quality system.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh i'm looking at getting pacemaker tri-y's, 2.5" red back mild steel system and hi-flow cats in the new year with an ss inductions cai, but going to fit it myself and maybe have to get the cats bolted up or i'll just get them to put flanges on them when i get them from the exhaust joint so i can bolt it all up myself in one hit. as i got quoted 4 hours labour just to fit the headers and thats from every where i asked as the motor needs to be lifted and i was told the steering rack needs to be dropped to fit them in properly.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Nope. The only thing that has to be done is the heat shield on the control module in the engine bay needs to be removed and the steering coupling undone. Paceys are one of the easiest extractors to fit. I can do a set on a gen3 in about 1 1/2 hours.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
yeh i'm looking at getting pacemaker tri-y's, 2.5" red back mild steel system and hi-flow cats in the new year with an ss inductions cai, but going to fit it myself and maybe have to get the cats bolted up or i'll just get them to put flanges on them when i get them from the exhaust joint so i can bolt it all up myself in one hit. as i got quoted 4 hours labour just to fit the headers and thats from every where i asked as the motor needs to be lifted and i was told the steering rack needs to be dropped to fit them in properly.

After that work, a nice MAFLESS tune and your set!

My friend achieved 250rwkw on a VY SS with the same exhaust setup.