Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2.5 inch high flow xforce cats

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
Hello too all....

Just wanted to know why the right cat has completely melted and the left cat is fine....Full xforce system and 3 years old approx.... on a VE V8 obviously....
Left hand side of engine has a manifold leak which is getting fixed this week along with x2 new hiflow cats....

Anyone else had dramas with there cats as i belive they should be lasting longer than 3 years

Cheers

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
maybe just a bad batch, my aftermarket are fine, been on 5 yrs, metal cats though

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Xforce typically don't seal very well between the flanges from the header and front of the cat.
If you get a leak there it'll result in melted cats. I've seen quite a few xforce cats melt.

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
Thanks guys...i think after this ill go after market cats, or just replace with a different system altogether because the rear mufflers are starting to rust where the welds are too. The exhaust joint said he has replaced heaps of these mufflers for this reason, they rust and fall off...lol

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Xforce, you get what you pay for. I've seen brand new xforce systems straight out of the box need a lot modifying to make fit nice.
I had an xforce cat back once, 9months later it had fallen apart.

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
It does suck big time Jim, with the mild steel ones they should at least put some kind of coating on the inside of the system to stop it from rusting....i never had any fitting issues with my....

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Which is why I do Manta. They use aluminized pipe which does have an anti-corrosion coating. No fitment issues, sounds great. Not the cheapest but Manta aren't a cheap system, although I can do them at very good prices.