Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2.5" to big?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I will always recommend the twin 2 1/4" into single 3" for the SV6, it's not very loud, nice and deep, but it gives a very noticeable improvement down low and up high and doesn't drone at all. $485 shipped.

From factory, just by bolting on the exhaust and changing the air filter a car over here got 192.9 rwhp. I did extractors and hi flow cats after that, but never got it dynoed again, but the owner was very happy with the gain he got from them.

J@m3$

Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VZ SVZ Ute
i have to say tiddz exhaust in spottswood vic is the best exhaust joint going around. i have had my 3 cars done there (keeping in mind ive only had my licence for less than a year) and get all my mates to go there. just go quoted for my sv6 ute $500 - APE tested cat back sports exhaust system twin 2.5 inch with free tips. cant wait to see what it sounds like when i get it done on the weekend

if you go there have a good old chat to fred his a top bloke the more you talk the more the price come down great place.

paulo vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz s
i have a twin two and half on a 190 and i reckon it has less low end power compared to other sv6s needs more back pressure

hkswpn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Go Redback 2 1/2 from catback i got the in my vz berlina... at 100km/h cant hear it at all but cruising and stuff locally doesnt have a massive drone. .. and when u drop it into first and second u get a mad baffle lol

[ASLYVY]

DavidP
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
I will always recommend the twin 2 1/4" into single 3" for the SV6, it's not very loud, nice and deep, but it gives a very noticeable improvement down low and up high and doesn't drone at all. $485 shipped.

From factory, just by bolting on the exhaust and changing the air filter a car over here got 192.9 rwhp. I did extractors and hi flow cats after that, but never got it dynoed again, but the owner was very happy with the gain he got from them.

If this is the best system for the 190...what would be your recommendation for the 175 motor...any good experiences??