Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 chassis numbers on the car?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Hi Alien

Yep, I knew about those two locations,so I guess the cut was across the front floor in front of the VIN, which is a strange place to do a full cut. I was under the impression there were two numbers in the same location - buggered if I know why I thought that! Must have assumed the cut was further back in the body.

Or the VIN & body plates where changed and the under carpet VIN that is stamped into the floor was missed or ignored.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
REVS = Register of Encumbered Vehicles, its used to see if there's any money owing on a car. What you're after is a WOVR (Written Off Vehicles Register) check.

Yeh thanks, will be checking all that up in the future,
mmm yeh hopefully i never end up with ones of these duds,
i would feel like a criminal doing that to destroyed cars, knowing im decieving someone, stealing their money and puting them in danger! it just doesnt seem right

HybridAero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe
the reparible write-offs and inspections have been bought in to mainly stop rebirthing of cars, in qld reparible write offs need to be road worthy before there inspected and then taken off the reparible register

if there was that much damage and it had to be cut through the floor , i dare say it would of had to be a stat write off if it went through the auctions damaged, and it wouldn't be ab;e to be registered ever again

im betting it was a damaged car that is not on the register
or even more likely a stolen car that has been re birthed, and they missed one id tag, because they didnt know the location