Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 din stereo upgrade

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
how much do you think overall you spent? cheers

well i did a whole lot more than that but:

Pioneer AVH-P6850DVD $2000
Pioneer Bluetooth Adapter $370
Pioneer Ipod Adapter $180

I also put crossfire speakers in, subs, amps, custom sub box, dynamat, etc.....
the subs, amps and box i had from my old vt so was straight fit but the other stuff i bought now.....
also put a hidden switch to make the dvd playback while driving or on handbrake to keep the boys in blue happy

pic below of the deck.
will have proper pics of the whole system in the car when i get a chance....and will be up in the my ride section
its been in there for about 6weeks now and the sound is insane but have had a pretty bad 6weeks with personal issues so pics have taken a back seat to be honest.
even though i had the same subs, box and amps my stereo mate tried a little experiment and the bass sounds a whole lot better, crisper and louder..:yeah:

Attachments

• AVH-P6850DVD.jpg
    AVH-P6850DVD.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
I have a a double din JVC setup, but mine is two seperate units with a retractable 7inch widescreen.

pretty damn sweet imo, only bummer is the screen doesnt display track names/folders in ipod mode, which i know the double din single unit did.

ah well.... at least I can detach my faceplate when i take it out of the car...

and i deadlock my car EVERY time i leave it.... so I challenge a theif to crawl in through my smashed window, steal my contents and crawl back out through the same smashed windo covered in shards of glass... VT owners shoudl really use their deadlock function, its the best factory fitted security feature imo...

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
and i deadlock my car EVERY time i leave it.... so I challenge a theif to crawl in through my smashed window, steal my contents and crawl back out through the same smashed windo covered in shards of glass... VT owners shoudl really use their deadlock function, its the best factory fitted security feature imo...

yep its a excellent feature...from VX up you just have to press the lock button on the remote twice for deadlock as opposed to the VT where it has to be done using the key :thumbsup:

M

Max Power

yep its a excellent feature...

Only if you have electric windows as well.

I have a 93 VP that I deadlocked using the key, and the bastards broke the qtr glass, lent in and wound the window down. Took my rear speakers and amp and subs thru the ski-hole hatch.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Only if you have electric windows as well.

I have a 93 VP that I deadlocked using the key, and the bastards broke the qtr glass, lent in and wound the window down. Took my rear speakers and amp and subs thru the ski-hole hatch.

ouch...yeah i missed that small point....i have electric windows so its all good.

plus i have ultrasonics hooked to my alarm so if they break the window without the knock sensors go off the alarm will go insane as soon as there theiving little hand enters the car.......:D

bpw87

live 2 modify
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2 3.8L/M5, VH SL 4.2/A3
i have a singledin unit and i custom made a piece to go under to fit three 2 inch gauges looks pretty good and was alot cheaper than a double din unit.

Silver Phoenix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
i have a singledin unit and i custom made a piece to go under to fit three 2 inch gauges looks pretty good and was alot cheaper than a double din unit.

How did you mount your single din unit? Did you have to drill out new holes to go into the side of the HU?

I'm in the process of installing one, but am still trying to figure out how to mount it; as the holes don't line up :ranting:

bpw87

live 2 modify
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2 3.8L/M5, VH SL 4.2/A3
i just used the cage that comes with the cd player and fitted it with that and just used a bit of mdf to hold it in place.

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
probly a stupid question, but how do u use the deadlock?

broderikb

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 HSV SENATOR 5000i

Do you have any pics of your setup?

probly a stupid question, but how do u use the deadlock?

Put the key in your door & turn 90deg to the left.