Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 hole and k&n

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
havent found a shroud yet. any advise on how to get one? i spoke to som1 to holden over the phone and they had no idea what i was talking about.

Then that guy is an idiot, i went to my holden dealer, got me one strait away & only charged me $17 from memory.

Wat ill do mate is search for the part number for ya!

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
havent found a shroud yet. any advise on how to get one? i spoke to som1 to holden over the phone and they had no idea what i was talking about.
and about the dirt getting thu, im sure im not the only one with a k&n and i havent heard of any1 having probs with it. and the ****in thing cost me $90 bucks, you would think it cost that much for a reason.

I posted the MCAI part number up when I did mine last year. Its on the forum somewhere.

As for this talk about the K&N filters I have one myself. You just need to keep it clean and you'll get better air flow. But they do clog up quickly and thats when you get the problems.

Cod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Good stuff mate,

Did u install the MCAI (monaro cold air intake) shroud?
It sits in front of the airbox, you will have to do abit of trimming to get it to fit!

After doing mine I wish i had've just gone with a holden otr, i think it would perform better too with the air not having to travel around bends.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
After doing mine I wish i had've just gone with a holden otr, i think it would perform better too with the air not having to travel around bends.

Keeping in mind, the 2 hole mod is a cheaper way of getting more air into the airbox without spending hundreds or $$ on a otr.

Seriously i cant justify spending $300 on a otr when pwr increase is only going to be about 5kw at the most!

az_sv6

coudnt aford a v8
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
hey bullitt i found that post, cheers. picking up the shroud later today from holden.
im not doing this for power gains if i wanted more power id get a growler kit. so im not spending $300 bucks on little gains.
im doing it coz im board ;p.