Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 horns in VX S pac?

Peasant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual Black
Ive had my car a little over a week now and I have noticed my horn does not work. I also noticed that my car has a pussy little alarm. I opened my boot without unlocking the car and she started beeping at me... but the horn the the steering wheel doesnt work. So I thought it must be a wire loose somewhere.

Just before I was underneath my car sussing out how im gunna fit some foggies and I noticed a couple of wires just floating around behind the front bar on the passenger side. Then I looked under the drivers side and found my horn (which im thinking is the one for my alarm) with the same looking wires plugged into it. So im thinking that maybe im just missing a horn???

Does this sound accurate anyone??

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Mine is a S and it only has one horn , U sure there are not the wires for the fog lights that are hanging down ¿

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
some models had 2 horns...

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Nah Nah,
There are two horns yes but the alarm one is on ur Passenger side strut tower near the fire wall...
The one on the driver side under the bar is jst ur horn horn...

The alarm one is tucked away like that so u couldn't just pop ur head under the car n pull the wires out if u were stealing the car...

The alarm horn starts quiet and gets progressively louder...

So i would say that either the wiring to ur normal horn is the issue or the actual horn...

2 ways to check this...

1. Get a multimeter n see if you get power to the horn
2. If u don;t have a multimeter, get ur alarm horn n connect it upto the wires for ur normal horn...

If u find its the wires, then more ur horn from the Driver side to the Passenger side n use the wires there... that might fix it...
If its the horn unit, buy a new one...

Good Luck!

Raf

Huge

Turbine Wag
Reaction score
Members Ride
25th Anniversary
Hey dude,
I've got a VY and the factory horn I got is a stupid little thing, one only, under passenger side by memory. Anyway if you want to make it louder instal the horns from the Statsman/calais etc. Two horns, one drivers and one passanger side, I bought mine from a Holden dealer in Syd for about $65 for both,they come seperately. Now it sounds heaps better/louder, have to driving on Sydney roads.
(the wires on the Vy are already there i just had to bolt them on and push the terminals on, easy)

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
wat is happening
is your hown is going off when you open your boot as that is the alarm horn.

your normal horn is obviously missing, as you said the wires are hanging there.

get another horn and put it in

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
I found the wireing loom had the connector for the second horn hanging where it would be if it were fitted. GMH use one high and one low tone horn for the dual horn application. I checked out which horn was fitted to my VT and then went to a JAP wrecker and found the opposite tone to the one I had (forget now which one it was). Cost only a few dollars, the wrecker had boxes of them for me to choose from, think I paid $3-$4. Just bolted it on, I think from memory the mount hole was already there, pushed on the connector, and HELL, what a different in volume, scares the grannys from 100 metres away.

Pablo

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
VX II Supercharged S pack
I want to put two brand new super high power horns in my car... only problem with buying horns though is you cant try before you buy! And yes, the sound IS important! lol

kodakmomentz

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY SS
I want to put two brand new super high power horns in my car... only problem with buying horns though is you cant try before you buy! And yes, the sound IS important! lol

definantly...you dont want a little beep beep that should be on a 2 litre job...go for some air horns? :)

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
get some horns from a WH Stato. Nice and loud. Way better than the wimpy little VS Stato horns!