Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 pak paint

vxs93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX s-pac manual
Hey guys I'm in the process of fixing some gutter rash on some hsv grange wheels. I am new to this stuff so I didn't know the paint is 2 pak and that it is extremely hazardous so respraying the wheels myself is out of the question.

Does anyone know a good place in Melbourne to get the rims resprayed and roughly how much it will cost. I have already removed the tires and smoothed out the body filler so they are ready to be spayed.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
my work uses this place. have no idea what the prices are like though. they seem to do decent jobs on our insurance work. you can email pics of the wheel damage for a quote.

Home | Advanced Alloy Wheel Repairs

benny mckellar

boobs,blowers,burnouts
Reaction score
Members Ride
e2 maloo
I wouldn't stress to much about the 2 pak it's not exactly a chemical weapon. Use a mask if your worried but it's probably no worse than breathing in inner city air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Contrary to above, I'd much rather breathe inner city air. Don't paint it without a proper mask if you value your health.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
PFFFFT woah! worst advice ever. 2k is dangerous as fk. only wear a mask if youre scared of cancer and respiritory problems.

me; i like breathing through my mouth without the aid of compressed O2, so ima just keep using my particle mask and ventillation.

Yep the old "wash it down with a beer" attitude can stay with 1k in the 80's.

You might get lucky and not get any health problems, but it's a big risk to take for the cost of an $80 sunstrom mask. I'll keep wearing my mask aswell.

Ps:no offence to beer, beer is good :D

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
The health related problems could may still not be seen for another 20yrs, allergies, respiratory illnesses...
Look at asbestos, there was nothing wrong with breathing in that **** 50yr ago...

All chemicals should be treated with the respect they deserve.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
My old boys first job was cutting asbestos sheeting for a year or two, he's 54 this year. I think he washed out his body with beer well enough aye ;)

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
But in all seriousness there is no excuse for no safety gear "if you don't have the gear,then don't do it" simple as that!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
My old boys first job was cutting asbestos sheeting for a year or two, he's 54 this year. I think he washed out his body with beer well enough aye ;)

My old man was a gas fitter straight out of high school for a few years so he was crawling around in roof spaces with asbestos insulation.

He was diagnosed in Jan 07 with Mesothelioma (Asbestos related cancer) By Sept 07 he'd passed away, at age 59. Prior to that he was healthy and had no prior health problems. It hits hard, and can kill quick and it's ####ing terrible to watch.