Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 questions...........

mattsCLUBBY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II HSV CLUBSPORT
Hey all, i've got two questions relating to my VT II clubby...............

I recently bought 2 interior lights for the rear hood lining (the lights that sit at the grab handles). I removed the trim piece and cut the lining but found no wiring. Shouldn't it already be there? Or do I need to remove the centre light and feed some wiring to the new lights??
AND.... I also want to replace my single CD player. I have a 6 stacker from a VY that was in my old VT wagon (previous owner install). I have already checked and the plugs are different, can I purchase an adaptor loom to suit or is it a case of wiring it in the old fashion way.
I have the plugs and 3" of wires for the 6 stacker........

thanx for any replies..

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Hey all, i've got two questions relating to my VT II clubby...............

I recently bought 2 interior lights for the rear hood lining (the lights that sit at the grab handles). I removed the trim piece and cut the lining but found no wiring. Shouldn't it already be there? Or do I need to remove the centre light and feed some wiring to the new lights??
AND.... I also want to replace my single CD player. I have a 6 stacker from a VY that was in my old VT wagon (previous owner install). I have already checked and the plugs are different, can I purchase an adaptor loom to suit or is it a case of wiring it in the old fashion way.
I have the plugs and 3" of wires for the 6 stacker........

thanx for any replies..

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but the rear map lights harness runs up the driver side "C" pillar, and across the top of the rear screen. It was not fitted to vehicles from factory without rear map lights. I know that applied all the way to VS for sure, but not 100% if they changed it for VT onwards...

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
u can get an ISO plug 2 fit the VY unit, then u just need another VT ISO plug 2 fit ur own VT's wiring loom. u'll need 2 re wire both ISO plugs 2 make ur own adaptor plug 2 save cuttin into any of the original wiring ect....

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
for the rear lights need to add in the wireing loom on the drivers side piller its not to hard to do i did it in my vt