Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20" wheels on vx exec.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Lower first, then wheels :)

Will look reasonable lowered with standard wheels, but will look out of place with standard height and big wheels IMHO

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
they will slow the car down and make it handle and ride worse, use more fuel and shake your car apart, but it will look better :p, you can run 245/30 R20 all round, you also have to be very careful of road hazards like potholes, speedbumps, uneven road joins etc depending on the brand of rim and if they are copies they can crack and buckle easily.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
cheers for the replies.
Might look into getting 18"s then.
Would you recommend getting my ride lowered if i was to put 18"s on or is it only 20"s etc that make the ride look weird unless it is lowered?

King springs or equal super lows would suit and give a reasonable ride quality and handling with 18eens but would advise also changing standard shocks to short shocks like Monroe GT or similar. Depends how much you want to spend there are many other suspension components that can be upgraded.. the above springs and shocks are a common standard fitment to many commodores and are fairly cheap to buy.
Some 18 inch rims look shiit house but generally 5 wide spoked rims can make the wheel look bigger if you choose correctly ( ie. Monaro cv8/z etc 18 inch rims are nice).

kais3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Lowering also means 4 point camber kit which makes the whole lowering job probably around 2k to get done properly, doubles the cost when you just want nice rims, in the end upgrading these cars is a waste of $, better to wait and buy something that's got the right look and suspension from factory.

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
20's on an exec would look a bit off with standard height. No factory kit even, like with an SS or HSV.

Your car will lose out on its quickness now that it has to haul around possibly heavier wheels.

There is a chance you might have clearance issues between the tyres and spring seats on the front struts. Tyres can rub, interfere with camber adjustment.

Overall diameter of the wheel can affect your actual speed compared to your speedo. Just be sure to fit the correct tyre size since a G8 wheel is for VE and they have different tyre sizing to VT-VZ.

OzNath

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Manual
I run 18's on my Vt. Personally 19's would look best. 22's looked mint on my VE SV6

newjack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6, Vs s2 manual, Vy ss manual
Been looking further into this for my ride..

Does anyone know what price i would be looking at for fitted-
king springs: ultra low rear
super low front

Gt monroe sports shock/struts.

as i saw a thread with a vs commodore on 20" G8s with this setup. (also would this mean i need to incorporate a camber kit)

i appreciate the replies and do take them all into consideration.

cheers..