Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200 kms out of a full tank of premium fuel

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
I wish I drive the car like an old lady would

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Wow, I get a minimum of 650km, and in reality that's because I keep having to go into town. I get much better on freeways.

LOL 2 the guy u quoted 2 mayb check out his ride and u may see y he only gets a small number out of his tank LOL

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
no matter what you drive e10 will give less economy than proper 95/98 octane, putting it simply alcohol is less efficient and has a lower stoich value, needs to run richer to get the same power, it's not cheap enough at the pump compared to std ulp or pulp to save you anything but that doesn't sound like your problem should get more than that per tank

Last edited:

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
My Ecotec V6 is only getting about 200km a tank as well. I think it might be a vacuum hose or something similar, Ill check them all out this week and the fuel lines and the plastic tank to see if there is any signs of leakage anywhere.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
When you get your 200ks how many litres does it take to fill? Obviously you may not run your tank as low as someone else.

My vy ls1 gets about 350-400k off a tank (60l) with traffic but driving nice.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
My Ecotec V6 is only getting about 200km a tank as well. I think it might be a vacuum hose or something similar, Ill check them all out this week and the fuel lines and the plastic tank to see if there is any signs of leakage anywhere.

pull a spark plug or 2 out and check to see if the engine is running correct, if they're all black with carbon buildup or wet after a quick start and let it idle for a min clean/replace them if the o2 gets flooded and poisoned from unburnt fuel it'll mess things up, unless the o2 is old and worn out they will generally come good after time once the cause is rectified, you can also try and clean the o2 with a small blow torch to burn out any pollution, don't tap/knock them or poke anything inside them cause that will stuff them properly.

MrSirWantalot

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV GT-P Boss 335 & 2000 VX Berlina 5.7lt (toy)
Filled up tonight from this point n it took 40.04L
Doesn't look right hey?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Have you had fuel pump replaced lately????

MrSirWantalot

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV GT-P Boss 335 & 2000 VX Berlina 5.7lt (toy)
it would be hard for me to get 200km out of a tank and i drive a 280 odd kW LS1

you would need to be doing full speed launches and really bad behavour everywhere

Mine has 307kw & I get 600k's mostly highway tho

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
Have you had fuel pump replaced lately????

Yep but holden recalibrated the gauge but it stil doesn read right

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
Latest update, had carline mufflers check my cats n they seem to be fine, I filled up Monday Arvo & I went and filled up tues Arvo n I had used 17 Litres with only doing 70kms, I know I get a heap of black smoke all over the back of my car, could that be tune or fuel pressure regulator?? Checked the plugs and they seem fine, I think one has a
Crack in the ceramic tho?