Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200 kw 5.0 ?

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
yes yes i know, one was auctioned of for a valvaline promo and the other im not 100% and i dont know about the black, im pretty sure there wasnt a black one at all.

The pig

Reaction score
Members Ride
69 rs ss camaro/ rodeo dual cab
200kw

Rolla rockers cam& chip package headers exhaust hi flo cats bigger injectors & throttlebody cold air around $5000-$6000 fitted gets around 198-200 kw or a blower fitted $10000 gets 250 kw easy id go the blower coz if the cops pull up next to u and ur lumpin over like buggery thetll do ya but with a blower its like having a sleeper till u put your boot into it and your head hits the parcel shelf it all comes down to $$$ mind u gettin insurance for a blown car aint easy or cheap not in S.A. Anyway. Got these prices last week from a very respected engine builder whom i cannot unfortunately name

The pig

Reaction score
Members Ride
200kw

Rhemac are apparently VERY good at what they do . My mate used to race his boat and that had a rhemac built 308 in it sweeeeet as!

VQ-Assault

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VQII Statesman
I find it odd how people say i want 300rwk for my car and so on. Its a bit silly, not saying about the author of this thread its just you see it a lot. Sure power makes an engine but then again suspension, diff, type/size wheels and tyres and so on make a car. With a stock 5.0 you can do a bit without opening your wallet to an engine builder straight away. Stuff like type of engine oil, intake, state of ignition and so on. Even when someone's 230 000ish km engine comes to machining is the block going to be all there? Core shift and all the other gremlins usually glossed over.
At the beginning of the thread you see 'go with 286 with standard manifold so the cops don't get you'. Thats silly. 286 will run out of puff without manditory manifold change, head work. And it sure won't work well without a sizeable stall and diff gears. A two second net search finds you that info.
I don't know but it seems a lot of people in the so called 'scene' get sucked in by all the power hype and the all too welcoming engine builders.
My tip is build the car not your ego about your engine. Thats just a broad statement
The 308/304 5.0 is a versatile engine you can do a lot with it but you still have to be realistic- theres no point arguing LS vs 5.0- the LS is a different motor, its like saying a stroked 3.8 will equal or better a 5.0. If you want over 400hp at wheels most preferable go LS. Under and with a different torque band then 5.0 is the go

The pig

Reaction score
Members Ride
kw aint everything

You can have 500 rwkw doesnt mean youll run quick quarter mile or whatever times, some people build their cars to brag oooh ive got a 300 rwkw dyno sheet and some cars barely make 200 rwkw on dyno but go hard down the track, take eddie tassones vh commie for example he admmited in street machine his car may put out 1200 rwkw ( prob more now) on dyno but would explode half way down the quarter mile. All im saying is build a car to drive and enjoy not to stick on a dyno every so often. Money is what its all about.

FusionX

Reaction score
take eddie tassones vh commie for example he admmited in street machine his car may put out 1200 rwkw ( prob more now) on dyno but would explode half way down the quarter mile.

What Eddie said and what that car did where 2 different stories. His old VH ran plenty of 8 second 1/4 miles without any issues.

Video for proof: YouTube - ‪EDDY TASSONE DRAG RACING AT THE KWINANA MOTORPLEX - 2003‬‏

Although that was a long time ago, that motor found it's way into a VY ute. Last I saw of that ute it was being pulled apart and sold, so no idea where the motor is now.