Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2000 VT Series 2 Executive. (First Car)

HoldenFan09

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Matt - S2 VT Executive.

G'day fellas.

Bought my first car last week so im pretty chuffed :yeah: due for a service desperatly but otherwise shes in great condition! much better than driving around in your mum's stock lancer... :rice: ;)
Since the photos were taken i've given it a general tidy up and removed the mud guards :)

Name: Matt

Model: 2000 Holden Series 2 VT Executive.

Colour: Maroon

Engine: 3.8L V6 Ecotech (167.100kms)

Gearbox: Stock 4 speed Auto

Exhaust: Stock

Brakes: Stock

Suspension: Stock

Wheels: 16" VY series 2 Berlina rims

Interior: Stock

Purchase Price: $5600

P22-07-09_0818-1.jpg

P18-07-09_1645-1.jpg

P18-07-09_1646-1.jpg

Last edited:

HoldenFan09

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
hey thanks

First thing im going to look at doing is the sound system and then possibly get some king super lows :) I'm working at super cheap auto at the moment so i can get all kinds of stuff discounted ;) so i cant wait to get started on the car.

Anyone have any suggestion on mods i can do? I don't know much yet as I'm fairly new to the car scene

cheers matt

valakis_vx

The Juggernaught Bitch!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 M6
de-badge, lower her, wheels and colour code and shell look sweet!

HoldenFan09

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
so far my attempt at debadging has been a failure :) only 2 of the 5 have actually worked

I used fishing line and metho which worked perfectly fine on the first two but the others are incredibly stubborn and im at a loss as to what to use...

P16-08-09_1235.jpg

excuse the dent happened last week, stupid person can't even open his own door properly. it looks fine from here but there is actually a black outline of the badge that will not budge.
P16-08-09_1236.jpg

This just wont come off, its rock solid and now its started to take the top gel coat off :bang:
P16-08-09_123601.jpg

And this also im not sure how to get that last bit off ive tried metho, eucalyptus oil andwhite spirits still wont come off...
P16-08-09_123602.jpg

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
ahhh first dint :(

i was shattered for a week after my first little 'door dint'... now im driving around with one side of the car pretty much destroyed... thats what happens after 3 years and a couple near write offs :p you lose the passion haha

it looks great, theres something about the vt, theyre just sexy.. debadging looks good :thumbsup:

great first car - and good to see no spoiler :D

chrism182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 ltr M6
Nice car mate,

To get those bits of blue off, get some prepwash, put a little bit of it on a rag and rub it for a couple of minutes. Then you can probably peel it off with your fingernails or wash it off with a rag of some sort. Don't leave the prepwash on there too long though as it may damage your paint, so just give the areas a hose down after you've finished.

HoldenFan09

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I hope the prepwash works because honestly its not gluey at all, its rock solid.

midgeo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
damn bad luck with the badge dude, maybe even try a hair dryer to heat it up a little too it might help soften the glue