Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2001 CV6 Monaro -questions

hotcv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Monaro CV6
hey guys,

i just picked up a 2001 CV6 and there's a couple little things that i need to patch up and was wondering if anyone could give us some tips

1) the headlights i have at the moment are a bit chipped and scratched, and i was wanting to buy a new set and install them myself. im pretty sure i have to remove the front bumper to get the headlights out - but how can i do this ? or is there another way i can get the headlights out without removing the bar?

2) one of the fog light bulbs is out and needs to be replaced. i checked the manual and it said i need to take it to a holden dealer. is there any way i can get to the foggies myself without having to take it to those blokes ????

any help you guys have would be great!!!!! cheers

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
bar has to come off to get headlights out, can be done in 5 mins. (1 screw in front of each front wheel, 3 screws in front grill, some people have screws near the numberplate, they are little plastic clip type ones. alot easier with 2 people to pull off but i manage by myself, so you should be fine.

and fog lights can be taken out by your self, no big deal, few clips, and unplug the wire.

johnny

hotcv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Monaro CV6
sounds nice and easy ...

thanks johnny - btw, thats one awesome monaro you have there !!!
interested to see how the project goes

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
haha cheers man, yeah its something. let mace engineering know when your ready to start mods, they have some great products out there.

DSAvtSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SUPER 6 S
You know what you need to do.....
get some Buick badges and do it up like a new age GNX!!!

would be pretty bitchin!!!!!