Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2001 VX S - Blown globes behind "air" controls

ZeKieL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5spd
I just recently purchased a 2001 VX S 5spd commodore and i must say i am now a happy and proud commodore owner :)

only problem is when i drive at night i can't see the fan speed, thermostat or air position controller.
AC and Dimister are not lit up either, but they light up once they are "on" - is this normal?

i'm guessing all i need to do is replace globes? but because this car is new to me and its like new inside and out i don't want to destroy anything...
I can install car stereos so i figured changing globes can't be any harder. but i need to know what to do and how to take the dash apart >.<

if someone can give me a guide on what to do and what parts i need that would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

btw i searched and could only find a how-to for the VS... not for the VX :(

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
i have the same problem with my ac controler, traction control, window switches, temp gauge, ect its pissin me off. id like to no the part numbers and where to get them from as well mate

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
i have the same problem with my ac controler, traction control, window switches, temp gauge, ect its pissin me off. id like to no the part numbers and where to get them from as well mate
You can get them from Holden. I think you will need to buy the whole traction control switch. Take plenty of money with you, the globes aren't cheap.

Last edited:

Hello1234566

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
Buy Bbulbs from holden. they will know what to give you

Take out the Air-Con unit. You will need to disconnect some wires from the back of it. You'll also need to disconnect a cog-type thing. Be careful when taking it all apart because there is a ball bearing and spring in one of the dials you do NOT want to lose. I did, and had to make up another one. Putting this all back together is a very hard time, a 2nd pair of hands will be very handy trying to connect the cog back up without the bearing popping loose.

Unscrew the bulbs in the unit, by memory there are 5.