Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2002 VX II S-Pack

VX Appeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S-Pack
what sort of power is it putting out on gas do you know? most of my mates are trying to convince me to convert but i dont wanna lose a whole heap of power

Hey mate, this afternoon I ran out of gas so I switched it over to petrol while doing about 40.. The only difference that I can tell is the noise from the exhaust - While on gas, as you gear down it makes a chugging noise that sounds like V8 exhaust. Other than that, theres no difference as far as I can tell.
I actually prefer it on gas.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
lmao! my mate sold his vy manual s pack with 20's for 17 g's so sorry mattgreen your mate ripped himself off :)

maybe if he bought it for 14k not sold it lol

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
no probs.. btw mate, ss headlights from carsRus.com will make the fron end of your car look mean ;)

VX Appeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S-Pack
Just an update ... Had a person in the backseat for the first time yesterday and they told me they couldn't hear any sound from the rear speakers..

After further investigation I saw that there is no bloody speakers in the back door or parcel shelf, I guess the previous owner took them out the bastard haha..
Time to buy 4 speakers I guess.. Does anyone know the specifications or have suggestions on what I should get?
As far as I know, I can go to supercheap and ask for two rear door and two parcel shelf speakers?

Cheers

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
My audio guy was telling me that the rear door speakers arent really needed and a good set of 6x9's in the parcel shelf with some 6" splits in front will be great for sound coupled with a sub or 2 in the boot of course.

VX Appeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S-Pack
Today I took the right rear door card off to inspect the suspected "missing speaker" and to my surprise there was actually one sitting in there.
Todays Post: Rear Speaker/Door Card Issues *Help Needed*

I ended up just giving up and putting the door card back on..
- I didn't want to take the headunit out to inspect the wiring cause I don't have the PIN (I'll have to go to holden and get it).
- Didn't multimeter the wiring.
- Had a thought that maybe the missing parcel shelf speakers were a circuit with the rear door speakers and that's why they don't work?

I'll have to take it into an auto electrician and get them to take a look at it I guess.