Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2002 VX S2 Acclaim OR 2002 VX S2 SSpack

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
So Ruso, is it an S pac or an SS???

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Sorry all must of made a typo - It is a VXS with a SS Pak. My bad.

Pretty much the only difference is it has a kit and is lowered. I was going to get this done to my acclaim but it would cost alot. Atleast the VXS has already got a kit, is lowered and saves me the hassle of doing it.

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
hmm.. unless u want the colour id keep ur own - s pack kit is pretty dull, u could get a way classier one - c2r looks good

and lowering yourself u would get a better ride and as low as u want it..

at the end of the day keep ur car cos u kno its in good cond'

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Don't bother. Your's has 30000km less than his.

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
I have a VX II Acclaim too and I wish I had of bought the S-Pac if only for the kit and suspension. Changing the suspension yourself is roughly $1000 (springs and shocks) and the kit would be another $2000 painted (Sports Kit). If you're looking at an aftermarket kit thats at least $3000.

So for $3000-$4000 difference and only 30,000kms, I'd change over. No kit on the base models looks **** IMO, even if it's only the S-Pac kit it looks much better. Black car also, decent trade.. do it!

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Still havn't decided wat i want to do??? Going to ring insurance today and see what it will set me back. The only difference is colour and the kit I think I may just keep what I got and be happy.......

Wondering if anyone knows, if I can put fog lights on my standard vx acclaim, where those black plastic things are on the front bar??? Hav to get square ones????

Last edited:

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Like I said, it'll be much more expensive buying the kit then trading over cars. If the S-Pac hasn't been flogged do it.. or else let me speak to your mate and let me trade him!

desruction

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Do both cars have the same options? Like power windows, climate control, traction control, etc?
If it where me i'd stick with the car you already got you could end up with a flogged out shitbox and for what? a kit and lowered.
If your mate is willing to swap so he can sell your car he obviously thinks he has a better chance of selling yours or getting a better price for yours?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I would keep your own car, swapping with friends i've only ever seen troubles lol. but your car mate so your choice ;)