Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2003 HSV VY Senator

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
please tell me you're camming that motor at least! Looks nice

Shouldve got a series 2 wheel with the top/side/rear bolsters
Looks nice and neat anyways mate

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
So to confirm, you are swapping one LS1 for another LS1 to in effect resolve some lifter noise?

I mean, your car and all but I am really struggling with that. How much the new motor set you back?

Assuming you got if for a steal and a half?

MUSone

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Y Senator
The lifters are the only engine fault other then a rear main seal leak. Had the car on a hoist about 1 month ago after I noticed a slight oil leak, my current engine has 230000 km or so and the new one just over 100000 km. A high km senator with noisy lifters will effect the sale price of the car in the future. I got the diff rebuilt not long ago, rebuilt the auto 2 years ago has mint trim and immac paint. A engine with reasonably low km for its age was all that's left on the list to freshen the car up.
In saying all that,
I didn't justified my means for what I do with my car solely because it's not necessary and none of your or anybody else's business unless I decide to share, and what you struggle to understand with the decisions I make really mean jack. And what it set me back, again. Not your concern.

MUSone

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Y Senator
Sorry if any interest, no longer wanted to keep a thread dedicated to my car.
Thanks

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ok mate, relax your little self.

I was just curious why you are selling a "near perfect" motor and replacing it with another of the exact same spec. If its it such good condition surely a rebuilt would be more logical than a swap? At least then you can tell people the motor history rather than putting one in that could hold a few surprises.

Also, you might want to update your for sale ad to mention the oil leak.

MUSone

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Y Senator
Ok mate, relax your little self.

I was just curious why you are selling a "near perfect" motor and replacing it with another of the exact same spec. If its it such good condition surely a rebuilt would be more logical than a swap? At least then you can tell people the motor history rather than putting one in that could hold a few surprises.

Also, you might want to update your for sale ad to mention the oil leak.

That is for me and the potential buyer to discuss, it's not of importance to be discussed between you and I. The rear main seal is irrelevant , a very minor fix once the motor is out. But in saying all that, I am considering keeping the engine and rebuilding it but again that's irrelevant right now I have a million different things I can do that I don't feel like discussing with you. I don't get why you keep concerning yourself with my car, your NOT adding any useful information? Or trying to help me for that manor. So why bother dude? Just move on, you never add anything useful when you post in my threads so why waste our time with your posts? And as for calling me little man... LOL I'm 6.1 and if you look anything like the retard in your avatar I suggest you keep the insults to yourself.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
What insults? All I have done is asked a few questions.

Though now that you have brought it up, I'm 6'5 so to me, technically you are little. ;)

And please do update the ad as currently it's deceitful.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I didn't justified my means for what I do with my car solely because it's not necessary and none of your or anybody else's business unless I decide to share, and what you struggle to understand with the decisions I make really mean jack. And what it set me back, again. Not your concern.

That is for me and the potential buyer to discuss, it's not of importance to be discussed between you and I. The rear main seal is irrelevant , a very minor fix once the motor is out. But in saying all that, I am considering keeping the engine and rebuilding it but again that's irrelevant right now I have a million different things I can do that I don't feel like discussing with you. I don't get why you keep concerning yourself with my car, your NOT adding any useful information? Or trying to help me for that manor. So why bother dude? Just move on, you never add anything useful when you post in my threads so why waste our time with your posts? And as for calling me little man... LOL I'm 6.1 and if you look anything like the retard in your avatar I suggest you keep the insults to yourself.

dummy-spitter.jpg